Original Sin EE - Kickstarter Update #69

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Kickstarter update #69:

Larian At E3 & Larian At Home! Bard’s Tale IV & Umbra shoutout!

Ready for E3?
E3 is just around the corner, and we have some big questions to answer. Can we bring an RPG to the console? Can we recreate the same fantastic Original Sin experience if you're relaxing in your living room, holding a controller? Will it still feel as natural as a mouse and keyboard?
Ever since Divinity: Original Sin launched, we've been working hard on the Enhanced Edition to ensure that playing on a console feels as smooth and intuitive as it does on a PC. On top of that, we’ve also been adding plenty of content such as new quests, new puzzles, voices for every character, and a host of other improvements.
Now we're ready to share the results with the world.

You can see the Enhanced Edition in action on the Twitch E3 Show (Monday 15th), or you can drop by the Game Trailers show on Tuesday, the IGN show on Wednesday - to hear every detail about the fantastic new features that the Enhanced Edition brings to Original Sin!

And if you're a member of the media, or an established Youtuber/Twitch streamer, we still have some free time slots to let you experience the Enhanced Edition for yourself! Journalists should contact Tom Ohle of EvolvePR (tom@evolve-pr.com) to book a slot.

We’ll be sharing a lot of Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition news at E3, so if you want to be sure you don’t miss out on anything, follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Rumor has it that images will be released of the behind-the-scenes bacchanal parties at the Larian house!

Can You Travel To Ghent, Belgium?
We only announced Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition a few weeks ago, but we’ve already been inundated with requests from Source Hunters anxious to play right now. And we want to make that happen. So, we’re delighted to invite a few brave testers to our HQ in Ghent, Belgium, to grapple with the game. If you can travel here, we’d love you to come over and try out new our gameplay modes, rewritten story, and brand new quests!

- We will start public playtesting in our Ghent office on the morning of June 29th, and will carry on until July 10th.
- Interested? Just mail playtesting@larian.com with your name, age (18+ only), email address and previous experience with Divinity: Original Sin for a chance to see the Enhanced Edition before anyone else!

- Players must be available for one full day between June 29th and July 10th.

- Players are required to be in the office for a full day, arriving at 10:00 and leaving at 16:00.

- All testing will take place using console controllers.
A cRPG Bonanza!

June 2nd saw the launch of The Bard’s Tale IV: the latest inXile Kickstarter campaign, which follows on from the immensely successful Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera. A cRPG dungeon crawler that promises dynamic combat, knotty puzzles and fiendish riddles, all set to a gorgeous Gaelic musical accompaniment? Yes please! It’s close to being funded, so why not head over to their Kickstarter page and see if they can tempt you to break open your piggy-banks? Do check out their hot in-engine video too!

But it’s not just Bards and celtic tunes; we wouldn’t be Larian if we weren’t excited by the promise of broken worlds and apocalyptic creatures! Umbra is another isometric cRPG that’s caught our eye, promising fast-paced action, frantic magic, and hordes of enemies to vanquish. With an open world to explore, a crafting system that lets you create unique weapons, and a chance to turn your character into a highly customisable Apocalyptic avatar, we definitely think this is one to watch. You’d better hurry though, their Kickstarter campaign ends in just a few days!

More information.

Good good, shaping up nicely. I'm looking forward to playing this in couch co-op.

I delight in the tears of the platform fanatics.

I really wish they'd put in more variation for the merchant calls in the market area of Cyseal. To me that would be a big improvement. Hearing the same calls over and over and over and over and over... is annoying.

I really wish they'd put in more variation for the merchant calls in the market area of Cyseal. To me that would be a big improvement. Hearing the same calls over and over and over and over and over… is annoying.

"The man with the most friends is the man with many cheeses!" haunts my darkest nightmares.

Public playtesting, hm? I'm tempted to actually take them up on that offer. Just need to see whether I can free my schedule for a full day...

Back
Top Bottom