Pricewatch!

Shadow of Mordor is 40% off on Steam. Wasteland 2 is half off. Witcher 2 is 80% off if you somehow haven't got that. Tropico 5 is 65% off. Borderlands 2 is 75% off and the "pre-sequel" is 50% off. Pillars of Eternity is... 0% off!? What's that doing on the list!? Transistor is 66% off.

Zloth, you skipped Borderlands, Magicka and their DLC. :evilgrin:

That game is plain bullshit I suggest not buying it at all.
I played only singleplayer part and got bored+annoyed fast. They should have named it Repetitivicka.

If you're after repetitiveness and boredom from it in games, I suggest going with AC4 (I don't have that one so do it only if season pass scamware doesn't exist for it), at least that one looks better.

It's fun, but I would not recommend trying to play any of the expansions in SP, as they ramp up the difficulty quite a bit, to the point where it almost feels like you have to play as a group.

I agree - I had a lot of fun playing it as a time-waster action-RPG ... you really have to know what to expect, and for that it was loads of fun. I only really focused on SP anyway, and played the Vietnam expansion as well ... but never any others ...

Shadow of Mordor is 40% off on Steam. Wasteland 2 is half off. Witcher 2 is 80% off if you somehow haven't got that. Tropico 5 is 65% off. Borderlands 2 is 75% off and the "pre-sequel" is 50% off. Pillars of Eternity is… 0% off!? What's that doing on the list!? Transistor is 66% off.

I saw the Shadows of Mordor sale on steam this morning. Then I watched about 30 minutes of gameplay on Youtube and decided that it looks more like an action/stealth game than a RPG and decided to pass.

I rate everything on Steam to what I call "The Pint" rating system.

In my local bars a good pint is at least $5, sometimes more and I always add $1 as a tip.

Shadow of Mordor is a one pint game so I won't be spending more than $5 - 6 on it. I'm sure I can get a pints worth of entertainment out of it.

Anything less than $5 is just an impulse buy, especially at $3 or less.

Those who didn't back Eternity on Kickstarter can still make -20€ on Greenmangaming.

Assuming they're already their customer and want to preorder Royal Edition. Instead of paying 83€, 63€ will be enough for RE. Other two editions are with -15€ and -10€.:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

DRM: Steamworks
Royal Edition Details:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/hr/en/pc/games/rpgs/pillars-eternity-royal-edition/

Shadow of Mordor is a one pint game so I won't be spending more than $5 - 6 on it. I'm sure I can get a pints worth of entertainment out of it.
Anything less than $5 is just an impulse buy, especially at $3 or less.
Sorry, for nonepic arcade that wants me to upgrade my overpowered GPU to some 6Gb VRAM monstrosity, I can't give even a cent today.
Maybe in a decade when lowend GPUs standard becomes 6Gb VRAM… :evilgrin:

Shadow of Mordor honestly looks just horrible to me. I don't think I'd ever be that desperate for a game.

I thought it looked quite bad as well, but then I played it. You won't get a deep & satisfying CRPG-experience, but as an action game with alright RPG-elements, it's actually one of the better games on the market. It feels like what would happen if Assassin's Creed & the Arkham games had a baby, and the baby lacked most of the flaws that Assassin's Creed had. It also has a rather interesting (though a bit underdeveloped) system where there is a power struggle among the orcs, and their line of command will change, even if you're not there. Certain (randomly generated) orc characters will try to kill or subjugate each other in order to rise to the top of the ranks, and new prominent orcs will join the struggle from time to time. You can impact the power struggle by killing or subjugating these orcs, and then you can try to get your own subjugated orcs to raise to the top. Orcs who are "yours" will also help you in combat, if they happen to be nearby when you fight.

Orcs will also remember you if they've defeated you in combat (there is a story reason for why you can't die properly), or if you've ran away from combat in the past. For me, one particular orc made it personal. He killed me twice, and was getting really cocky about it. Darn thing was also quite hard to kill, and it was not until I managed to sneak up on him when he was looking the other way that I actually managed to kill him (and that was a really satisfying feeling).
Sorry, for nonepic arcade that wants me to upgrade my overpowered GPU to some 6Gb VRAM monstrosity, I can't give even a cent today.
Maybe in a decade when lowend GPUs standard becomes 6Gb VRAM… :evilgrin:

I have to wonder where you got those system requirements from, because those are not the ones that this game has...

Sam & Max Hit the Road and FTL on GOG right now

850 left of sam and max - going fast!!!!!

we need a bot to update us on these things from GOG

edit: grr- can't log in. don't know if its being hammered or my job is blocking me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPmkfu_zs8
Fastforward to 2:40.
The whole review is good, I suggest watching the whole of it.

Well, that's for the absolutely highest graphics settings, with their optional texture upgrade, so it's not a requirement to play the game. And I've actually played and beaten the game, so I don't need to watch a review for it ;)
It's not all that uncommon for games to be released with the possibility to set graphics options to higher than what's reasonable to expect a modern system to be able to handle. I remember when Max Payne was released, and they said that with the highest possible settings, you would need a computer roughly twice as powerful as the then current high end computers.

Have picked up FTL and Banished thus far. Just when you think GoG has nothing left to offer you, they hit you up with a sale.

GOG Insomnia Sale has ShadowRun Dragon Fall for $5.99
They are selling a ton of copies so I'm guessing you probably have at least an hour from the time of this posting.

Back
Top Bottom