Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine New Region Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is a new trailer for Blood & Wine showing of the new Toissant region.

Become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom. With all trails leading to dead ends, only a witcher can solve the mystery and survive the evil lurking in the night. Introducing an entirely new realm to traverse, new characters and monsters, Blood and Wine is a 30+ hour adventure full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit.

Blood and Wine releases May 31st, 2016.​
More information.

I'm still in awe about the city architecture of the game! Remember the Imperial City in Oblivion years ago or Whiterun? No comparison. I'm excited to see how the cities of the next TES will look. I hope they will ditch the awful engine by then...

Very. Very nice.

I've already harped on about this, but I'd like to know if anyone else sees the weird colouration as distracting. Don't get me wrong - I think the architecture and world design are wonderful, and many scenes look great. But, in the brightly lit scenes, it's like they've applied a severe turquoise filter, and dialled the saturation up to 11. To me, it makes the scenes look unreal and weirdly flat.

I've already harped on about this, but I'd like to know if anyone else sees the weird colouration as distracting. Don't get me wrong - I think the architecture and world design are wonderful, and many scenes look great. But, in the brightly lit scenes, it's like they've applied a severe turquoise filter, and dialled the saturation up to 11. To me, it makes the scenes look unreal and weirdly flat.

Turquoise filter?

The background mountains looks a bit blue-greenish, but I don't see a turquoise filter on the rest of the stuff on the screen.

Turquoise filter?

The background mountains looks a bit blue-greenish, but I don't see a turquoise filter on the rest of the stuff on the screen.

In some scenes, all the colours look off to me, but in others it's mainly that blues and greens are have an unnatural intensity, and shift towards the green. In several scenes, the sky looks very weird indeed.

In some screens it definitely looks like the saturation of the colors is a bit exaggerated. I think the purpose of this to heighten the contrast between the jovial life in Toissant on the surface and the darkness that lurks below.
I don't really have a problem with that, but will have to see how it looks on my monitor.

Geralt and the red riding hood team up against the wolf:

Attachments

• 13243852_1012091842160082_6149654799957414159_o.jpg
    13243852_1012091842160082_6149654799957414159_o.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 32
It sounds silly, but I shelved TW3 because I didn't want it to end (and because I was somewhat O/P after all of my exploration, so I didn't want to keep playing without focusing on the narrative). This release will finally give me the impetus to wrap up the main game plus the two big DLCs.

I'm very close to end of the main game, having wrapped up the boss fight at Bald Mountain and returned to Novigrad for (what seem like) final preparations. Question for those of you who have gone before: should I switch over to the DLC and come back to the storyline after, or does it make sense to just wrap up the main story and then hit the DLC?

It sounds silly, but I shelved TW3 because I didn't want it to end (and because I was somewhat O/P after all of my exploration, so I didn't want to keep playing without focusing on the narrative). This release will finally give me the impetus to wrap up the main game plus the two big DLCs.

I'm very close to end of the main game, having wrapped up the boss fight at Bald Mountain and returned to Novigrad for (what seem like) final preparations. Question for those of you who have gone before: should I switch over to the DLC and come back to the storyline after, or does it make sense to just wrap up the main story and then hit the DLC?

Hmm...honestly, I could give you an answer to that only after having played it. From the interviews, CDPR mentioned you can play it both ways, but hinted that there will be some content at the end to "further the sense of closure". Plus, Geralt sort of gets his own retirement place here( took him a while after more than a century of hard work :p).

All the DLC content has to be played before you do the epilogue quest of the main game anyway. I suggest you play through the base game and then do the DLC stuff.

Also, despite its name, Final Preparation is at the start of Act 3. It's the last act, but you have quite a bit of stuff to do before you finish it.

Back
Top Bottom