Witcher 3 - Delayed (again) to May 2015

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Geralt of Rivia will not be yours for Valentine's Day next year after all, PC Gamer reports:

Yes, CD Projekt's RPG sequel has been delayed. Again. It's being pushed back a further three months, with the new release date set for May 19, 2015.

According to an open letter published by The Board of CD PROJEKT SA, the delay is due to the "sheer size and complexity" of the game. "Now, nearing the end of our work," they write, "we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly."
Disappointing, but I'm always happier to see a delayed game than a rushed release.

More information.

TBH I have so many games bought and plan to buy, this news feels like balm for a wound.
I mean… I'm on Xulima now, and then Raven's Cry will be out. Wasteland 2 I haven't even touched. Valentine's Day? Yea, if I find time for Grimrock 2 before that, it'll be a miracle. Or Age of Decadence. etc.

Anyway, patch/polish reasons are always great to hear. As long as they're not, like Bioware, using the delay to add bloody multiplayer.

I have no problem with delays for the sake of quality. Mind you, it does tally with those rumors of overpromising and a horrible development crunch.

Bummer, but not really a big deal. I'd rather they released it with a little extra polish, than rush it out the door.

I can hope that it won't be an unplayable game on release…just a really buggy one ;). I wonder if CD Projekt move to "larger maps" is going to go as well (or bad, YMMV) than Bioware did.

Now crossing fingers that PoE release really early in the year, so I get something to play between Jan and May.

Maybe they need the time to improve the keyboard/mouse interface :)

well... they did have a chance to check DA:I and they have seen feedback about this game so you might not be totally off mark :)

TBH I have so many games bought and plan to buy, this news feels like balm for a wound.
I mean… I'm on Xulima now, and then Raven's Cry will be out. Wasteland 2 I haven't even touched. Valentine's Day? Yea, if I find time for Grimrock 2 before that, it'll be a miracle. Or Age of Decadence. etc.

Anyway, patch/polish reasons are always great to hear. As long as they're not, like Bioware, using the delay to add bloody multiplayer.

And do you really think Age of Decadence will be released before February? Well, Dead State actually got released, so I guess anything is possible.

Lat time I heard Cleve was not the part of that team so... ;)

Nice! Now I can finish The Witcher 2 before the new game comes out. (What!? I get distracted. :p)

Yep, shouldn't be a problem :) . TW2 is actually pretty short if you just play one of the two possible paths (Iorveth or Roche).

The fact is that they will not have completed it because they will release an extended edition one year after to milk the product further.

I wish they would take even more time and not do this double dipping.

It's true they give it to existing customers for free and offer a lot of content but if they wanted to offer a complete experience once they very well could. It almost feels like early adopters end up being beta testers and they would have to replay the whole game again to experience it as it was meant to be played.

Well I hope this is really just for bug fixing (and EXTENSIVE testing) and not just trying to squeeze more features in at the last minute!

Going by the press release, I mostly got "cutting features that are too buggy" than "adding features" out of it.

Also, I saw some insider info about development issues (on neogaf), so...

Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected
This IMO doesn't mean cutting out content.
It can be variety of graphical glitches, unbalanced mobs, too cheap/expensive items in stores and loadsa issues that just need an additional polish.
And if all containers in the game have handplaced loot, imagine if somehow the best armor slipped inside a box near the place you start at.

Yep, shouldn't be a problem :) . TW2 is actually pretty short if you just play one of the two possible paths (Iorveth or Roche).

Really? Did TW2 pull a Risen and make the first chapter really long? Because I *think* I spent quite some time in the prologue and Flotsam... it's been a while. :)

Back
Top Bottom