Path of Exile - The Awakening Release Date

In The Awakening, players will experience a fantastic amount of new content including:
  • Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile's storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
  • Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
  • Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast's past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
  • Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
  • Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
  • Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
  • User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.

Looking forward to this. It desperately needed more content - and this act should be a great addition.

Path of Exile is a free game done right!

Yes, it's a very generous example of the model - and it's definitely one of the best in the genre, F2P or not.

I need to play this. I never have and I've heard nothing but good about it. I love Titan Quest and Grim Dawn and I've heard this game is similar.

Nothing but good? From who?

As for this expansion, I am interested into coming back to play because they said they would change their network code and remove massive desyncs that have been a problem from the start. If they fixed that, the rest of added content I don't even care about.

everyone not named Archangel.

I need to play this. I never have and I've heard nothing but good about it. I love Titan Quest and Grim Dawn and I've heard this game is similar.

It belongs in the same genre, but I'd say its closest inspiration is Diablo 2.

I played this when it was released and by luck visited their office in New Zealand during their beta.

The game is not without flaws and the community is polarized like any good game. There are those that nitpick the tiniest details in rage and frustration, but still keep playing. There are those that are blind to anything negative.

For me, it is the only Free-2-play game I've thought worthy of playing.

everyone not named Archangel.
You have not spent much time on their forums if you think so. Even their 1000$ supporters quit the game because of the problems it had.
This is true. I also played DDO, Neverwinter and SWTOR as F2P but none kept me as engaged as PoE and I didn't spend nearly enough time in them.

I even spent 25$ on PoE at one time. After that desyncs became too much and item/orb grind became too much.

I played this when it was released and by luck visited their office in New Zealand during their beta.

Very cool that you visited them. And you are so right: this is the ONLY F2P game I consider worth playing. It is not gimped in ANY way, unlike nearly all other F2P games. PoE doesn't have XP boosters, fast travel tokens, mounts, or other garbage most other F2P games sell. Massive respect to them for that.

Since their game is so fair and fun, I've actually spent about $100 buying stash space and other fun cosmetics over the couple years I've played. For reference, I have never, ever, spent money on any F2P game before or after PoE. PoE totally deserves my monetary support for not only their totally fair business practices but their insanely good game.

To conclude, PoE is the second coming of Diablo 2, but better in nearly every way.

Yes, you need to play it! It is like Diablo 2, but better. It's like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, but better. It's the best of the best, and this new expansion looks to cement it as nearly flawless. (My two huge gripes were desync and loot-drop clutter, both solved by Awakening.)

I don't think it is better than Diablo 2 or Grim Dawn but it is better than Diablo 3 or TL2.

Back
Top Bottom