Risen Lizardmen: I can't kill ?

wsony12

Watchdog
ch. 2, on disk quest; should i be able to kill the 2 lizardmen at this point ? i have swordfighting, level 3, a two-handed, 66 damage sword; i am not too swift at fighting technique, i just move forward and left-click; the parry thing, that you touch right-click doesn't seem to work; can i depend on the berserk (or maybe skeleton conjuor) magic scroll(s) to kill tough monsters, or do i need to improve my fighting tactics ? can i buy a good supply of berserk (or other) magic scrolls or make them ? cormac only has 4 berserk scrolls; i killed the head gnome by the rope bridge using the berserk magic scroll; thanks

Sounds like you're weaker than you should be at this point. Killing two lizards should be easily manageable with Fred's help, but not alone. The last disk dungeon can be solved without fighting lizards alone. There's only one battle which is a bit messy. You should be able to win it together with Fred and the wizard.

Remember that you can heal Fred with save & reload.

Maybe you should work on your firepower for a couple of levels. Also make sure you wear the best available equipment. Helmets and decent shields should be available by now. You'll need ca. 8-10k gold within a short time to buy new armor and more skills.

Fred is your sidekick - summoned skeleton.

Lizardmen are never a joke even late in the game. They easily get the jump on you and swing fast. Don't be fooled by their slow moving manner. The trick is to get them to commit a wild swing while you flank them with your block set. When fighting multiples Never EVER let one get on your flank. If they start to flank you drop your block as you back up so you can release the auto lock and engage the one in front.

Also getting too greedy trying to finish them off quick is usually a death sentence.

The nice thing about lizardmen is that they freeze well. (Remain frozen long.) (Sadly, the same cannot be said for ashbeasts or worse, undead ashbeasts.)

With lizard men, I would quickly freeze the whole group, then finish them off with melee one by one from behind. Fun.

Oops, ok - I see you've started another thread that JDR replied in. Yes - you use Frostlance (with an Ice crystal and some skill in doing that spell) on enemies to freeze them - they then remain still for x amount of time, depending on your level of skill with an Ice crystal, (you have to be a mage of course - not sure if Order warriors can also do this), and depending how resistant that specific enemy is towards ice or frost.

Some enemies will only remain frozen for a few seconds, so you really have to get down your timing well to try and get behind them while they are frozen, and it's not always possible to hit them on time before they start attacking you again.

You can acquire the rune for beserk without too much trouble. Go into the Eastern temple and go right down to the bottom where the lizard priest is. Look for a broken bridge and cross it with a levitate spell. Follow the short tunnel and look for a big pile of debris. On the right side of the debris (facing towards it) should be the beserk rune.

Back
Top Bottom