What games are you playing now?

You can't do all quests in one run.
There is a major point of no return quest so you can save the game there to use for other "branches". One save. You don't need hundreds or thousands of them.

Lack of naming saves was irritating to me too. Damned console designs as they can't type letters on mushrooms.

open console by pressing ~
type savegame "Whatever I feel like naming it"
Done.

I'm playing The Quest, which is a super-generic name, but whatever. It is an old palm pilot game that has been ported dozens of times, finally to Steam. The Quest is very similar to Might and Magics 3-5, except with a single character. It is step-based, turn-based and a lot of fun. Several races and classes with about 15-20 skills to level up in. There is an even older set of games that came before Quest called Legacy, I've picked these up too, but they're ancient. 320X200, I believe.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428880

Mostly playing Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis 4, and Tales of Zestiria (console).

I haven't played a real game in a little over a week, but I currently have a "The Dark Spire" Let's Play going on over on YouTube (that I will update, soon), and have been playing around with many other games here and there.

Some titles include Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure for PS1, Infinite Space (DS), Etrian Odyssey (DS), and some other stuff on tablet. All RPGs, of course. :)

Tabletop Sim + Eldritch Horror

I'm currently playing wait too many games or not playing enough. I'm in a "game's block" I think, so I'm trying to play a bunch of games, but I can rarely stand more than a few hours for each.

I put The Secret World on hold. I can't get the drive to do a BG Saga playthrough right now. ME2, Shadowrun HK and Dishonored were aborted too. I installed ME3, haven't started it though.

I started Grim Dawn because it was installed on my PC since it released. Hack&slash aren't really my thing usually, but I really love how zombies blow up from gunshots.

I bought Bound by Flame and started it, playing a bratty mercenary is…different. I find the combat somewhat improved from Mars: War Log, the rest looks like a step down though. The dialogues are awful though. Bound by Flame was in a bundle, so I also installed another game from that: Fault (milestone 1). It's a visual novel, the story isn't bad, the graphic are nice and the music is good. These two are short games, I should finish them.

This week I have been mostly playing Divine Divinity (and Spelunky, always time for a game of Spelunky - it really is drug to me at the moment).

-kwm

Currently playing Suikoden 2 that I've had in my PS3 (PS1 classic) for a while. My first Suikoden was 3 which is one of my favorite games of all time on any platform. Interestingly, it seems the consensus is that Suikoden 2 is the best of the series. So far I disagree. I think that's more to do with how, before Sony added it digitally to PSN, it was almost impossible to acquire, so those who had it just said "It's the best game ever!" just to create envy on the rest of the world. Honestly, to me it feels very much alike to Suikoden 1, and doesn't hold a candle to Suikoden 3 in my mind.

Stardew Valley. It's such a pleasant game for eyes and ears as well. Farming and other grinding can be a bit tiring sometimes but I really enjoy the decorating the farm/house aspects. I'm currently playing 5 different characters and still enjoying the hell out of it.

I thought it's pretty cool how shop keepers sell different/random wallpaper, floorboards and house decoration - you just have to come up with new ideas to decorate your house with what you get! The only thing that annoyed me was, just when you are happy with your house, you wake up to find your spouse has changed the wallpaper or the floorboard to suit their taste, which doesn't always work with your house. I tried to keep them or use the choice of their wallpaper in different rooms without making it look so out of the place.

My first toon: Perfectionist, loves classic decor. Yellow wall in the kitchen is Elliott's wallpaper.

alyFa3q.png

Second toon: Flirty & pretty, loves cute decor but pretends to be mature too (lounge decor). Had to change Sam's choice of wallpaper, did not go well with the house at all.

WZY7GrP.png

Third toon: Loves bright colours, animals and children (which is reflected best in upstairs decor). Alex changed the kitchen wall with the rugby ball, which didn't look good, so decided to use that in children's bedroom.

2Q2faDO.png

Fourth toon: Her only dream was to open her own restaurant!

RMa0cTl.png

Fifth toon: WIP, she's going to be goth emo :)

I want to take screenshots of my entire farm too but don't want to use the mods. It's quite a chore to jigsaw up different parts of the farm (which is what I did with the house) due to the sheer size of your farm. Might do it for my main toon only one day.

I just gave the ps4 demo Nioh a whirl (iti s more than a demo really-hours of play, boss fights, summon other players and more). Set in the world of feudal Samuri's. It is dark and brutal and is hard, very hard. Combat is all about timing, patience and finesse. If you like dark souls-remembering and learning patterns and endless respawns, reclaiming your, lost souls but constantly following the hook of just a liittle bit further. It may be for you. It certainly has planted the itch to get the full release later in the year.

I just gave the ps4 demo Nioh a whirl (iti s more than a demo really-hours of play, boss fights, summon other players and more). Set in the world of feudal Samuri's. It is dark and brutal and is hard, very hard. Combat is all about timing, patience and finesse. If you like dark souls-remembering and learning patterns and endless respawns, reclaiming your, lost souls but constantly following the hook of just a liittle bit further. It may be for you. It certainly has planted the itch to get the full release later in the year.

Hmm Looks interesting. The main character looks like young Geralt of Rivia!

Its pity that the demo expires today but I would love to have given it a go.

There is no way ps4 character can look like young Geralt.
Oh wait, there is a way. That young Geralt has some serious hair degeneration and it's such problem that couldn't be solved even if all hair treatment companies in all the world are brought together.
Then again, for all I know Nioh game is supposed to be darksouls clone.

There is no way ps4 character can look like young Geralt.
Oh wait, there is a way. That young Geralt has some serious hair degeneration and it's such problem that couldn't be solved even if all hair treatment companies in all the world are brought together.
Then again, for all I know Nioh game is supposed to be darksouls clone.

Dark souls 3 is turning into one of the best game (in my top 5 list) I have ever played and I am only at the half way mark now. So I don't mind a souls clone :p

I hate to say it but at this point I rate DS3 above Witcher 3 (one of the best game ever too!) since DS3 has changed the way I look at games forever! DS3 is a completely different experience to any game I have played in the last 10 years.

Around 60h into Grim Dawn. And only now things are getting interesting, since I am playing my third character, named Knives-San. He became a Blademaster, Nightblade and Soldier combination. Slicing & dicing with daggers is fun,there are a lot of passive skills and the drop rate is pretty good this time, I could say the game is in my favor. Somehow there is a lot of good drops that I can use with this character.

The only downside is…Knives-San can die easily,but on the other hand, he destroys monsters with grate haste.

Titan Quest was awesome for me, and Grim Dawn is a massive improvement from TQ,but it is in the similar spirit just as TQ. And it is much darker. There are chilling stories from some diaries you find in the world + it gives XP.

Great ARPG…only annoyance is getting to the final boss,just because I can't create a rift(portal),and Skeletal Keys are needed every time when entering to the dungeon. I did not make it to the Boss, hopefully Knives-San makes it…I will make as much Skeletal Keys as possible. Grind,grind,grind...sigh...

And just to add…what I find like a great touch…finding the journeyman's backpacks,and a dead journeyman dead beside it around the world. Somehow it adds a feeling that someone went trough here and made a camp,but not made it further. It is not much but I like that. :)

Dark souls 3 is turning into one of the best game (in my top 5 list) I have ever played and I am only at the half way mark now. So I don't mind a souls clone :p

I hate to say it but at this point I rate DS3 above Witcher 3 (one of the best game ever too!) since DS3 has changed the way I look at games forever! DS3 is a completely different experience to any game I have played in the last 10 years.

Don't worry I don't plan nor am trying to change anyone's taste, people should play what they love the way they want to, I don't care if people are playing modded games on whatnot difficulties. I will mock game designs though, for example I've posted numerous times on official EA forum that Sims 4 has more cheats than actual game content which doesn't mean I don't play the game nor am saying it's utter rubbish.

But there is that thing I can't walk away from.
Please, pretty please, play your games on - PC.
Thanks in advance.

I'm replaying MM7 then probably 8, then probably 6 though some folks have talked me into Dwarf Run, so I may drop that in after 7. I have a thread about the game since it is always fun to play this series. To me, 9 is the only disappointment in the whole set. 1 and 2 are hard to get into nowadays and it has been over a decade since I finished either one of those. I've gotten through most of 9 a couple times with fan patches.

Just got done with The Enchanted Cave 2, fun little rogue-lite/like that doesn't require a lot of thought but was entertaining nonetheless. Now I'm playing Wiz 7 cause all you guys talking about Wizardry got me nostalgic again.

Back
Top Bottom