Original Sin - Gamespot's PC Game of The Year

Yea, and I wasn't even too hard on them, skipped to mention Mass Effect 2 search for loot sonar crapware.

*cheers* Well deserved indeed!

Now if I can just get my husband to finish the game with me, we'll be back in business. Lost his attention to DA:I and the new Don't Starve multiplayer... :(

Aaaand… They locked my thread, ROTFL

Pathetic.

I like how the BioWare moderator's name is BioWareMod03. That's simply....perfect.

Awesome news! Well deserved and i love how far Larian has come since the Divine Divinity days. I've enjoyed every one of their games but LOVED D:OS. Like some others, I am enjoying DA:I a wee bit more, just because I really like the NPC interactions and more in-depth story, but the D:OS gameplay and combat is certainly superior.

It is rather ironic that Larian beat Bioware with Infinity-engine style game.

I can't wait for their next offerings. D:OS was superb. I enjoyed a good amount of hours of DA:I, but I can't skip quests and I absolutely hate fighting terrain to complete the gather the gems quests and to get to some of the astrology quests. Red Jenny is the only character to ever make me actually laugh of any game I've ever played though. She has bumped Ashley Williams as my favorite Bioware character. But, game-wise I am D:OS all the way when compared to DA:I.

Ah well… Shadow of Mordor is multiplatform game so no big surprise there.
Dunno if it deserved it or not - said before, I won't play a game that betrays it's source material. If it was named differently, maybe I'd give it a shot.

But it's kinda odd… Where is some game named Destiny everyone talked about for months? Wasn't that game hyped even more than Watch Dogs? Doesn't the most overhyped game win the overall GOTY on Gamespot?

I am glad that this won game of the year because it might entice other developers to create more games somewhat similar.

Unfortunately, and I feel deficient within myself for this, I was only able to somewhat enjoy the first couple of dozen hours of this and did not continue playing. I loved BG2 (I replayed it again several months ago), PST, Wiz7, etc. but D:OS just didn't click for me. My bad.

I'm okay with this. There were a bunch of solid games this year and D:OS was as good as any. To me, 2014 was the year of a whole bunch of "good" games instead of one or two excellent ones. I haven't played DAI though, since the inevitable DLC hasn't been released and I prefer one copy of the game on my steam account.

Ah well… Shadow of Mordor is multiplatform game so no big surprise there.
Dunno if it deserved it or not - said before, I won't play a game that betrays it's source material. If it was named differently, maybe I'd give it a shot.

But it's kinda odd… Where is some game named Destiny everyone talked about for months? Wasn't that game hyped even more than Watch Dogs? Doesn't the most overhyped game win the overall GOTY on Gamespot?

I don't know much about lotr lore but everything I've read has said they stay pretty True to the lore and had to get the approval of middle earth enterprises.

You should still not play it though as it has endless respawns. I however found it to be quite good. I can deal with respawns in games if the combat is fun and it is. Unlike in DAI where ever respawn is a chore do to crappy combat.

Middle Earth enterprises doesn't represent the Tolkein estate though, which has been very negative about Jackson's work. It doesn't look like the Silmarillion will get a motion picture treatment in the foreseeable future because of it.

Back
Top Bottom