King's Quest - First Chapter Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember was released today:
An aging King Graham reflects on a life of adventure with his granddaughter, Gwendolyn, taking players back to his teen years and his quest to become a knight of Daventry in King Edward’s royal guard. Discover a wondrous world full of whimsical characters, charming puzzles and perilous dangers in this fun and enchanting coming of age story.
More information.

Episodes…
Not buying that. Maybe when and if it's finished. I hate cancelled TV shows that never ended, would hate to buy an episode of a game that never receives a proper closure.

I am with joxer, I always wait until all of the episodes are released for any episodic game before purchasing. I learned my lesson with the Half Life 2 episodes - been waiting for Episode 3 for nearly 8 years now.

Episodes…
Not buying that. Maybe when and if it's finished. I hate cancelled TV shows that never ended, would hate to buy an episode of a game that never receives a proper closure.

Yes, that so far that's never happened to any big-name episodic game as far as I know. I kinda of like it. Whenever a new episode comes out, I'm like a little kid that can play around some more.

To that effect, today episode 4 of Life is Strange got released. Yay, it's great!

EDIT: Except maybe Half-Life 2, but wasn't that one of the first to do it? Like horse armour, I forgot, I never really cared about it. :)

EDIT 2: Bought it. :D

Last edited:
Episodes…
Not buying that. Maybe when and if it's finished. I hate cancelled TV shows that never ended...
(Looks at joxer's avatar) OMG! Nowhere Man! Though I guess that one did end... very much on an emergency basis, if I remember right.

You're mixing Korean masterpiece from my avatar with something that doesn't even have the same title.
But thanks for the link, I actually never heard of it. Looks intriguing.
EDIT:
Not going for it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112104/board/nest/107237426?ref_=tt_bd_2
Does the storyline have a definitive "the end"?
Not really... There was a curious change-up on the plot at the end of season 1 and a shocking revelation that calls into question everything that has come before and everything that could've happened had UPN done season 2, which I would've watched with baited breath!

Back to King's Quest. I do recommend a controller for this one (sorry, joxer!) because it is 3rd person, fixed-camera and it just seems to feel better to me.

+ Nice graphics
+ Good narrative frame
+ Good humour
+ Lots of QTE :D :iloveyou:
+ Sure to piss off PC mast3r race elitists
- Not many puzzles so far, but it's the tutorial stage

I like it so far.

Last edited:
Agree with the episode thing. They have activion backing them can't they release it like a normal game...
Anyway, it doesn't look appealing to me. Good that we have other resources to satisfy the adventure itch.

Episodic? Ahhhhh. This came out of left field like no single player campaign for Star Wars Battlefront 3. I don't do episodic so I guess I'll have to wait till it's all done.

The moment I read a game has QTE's it's crossed off my list!!

Yeah the qte's really annoyed me but i really enjoyed it otherwise. Thaurins mni review was spot on but i would as +Charm, the game is very charming.

Back
Top Bottom