DA:I - Gameplay Walkthrough & Trailer

Not a day 1 buy for me or ever. Don't like EA, don't like how they milk the market to death, and I don't much care for all the PC/feminist/homosexual focus pouring out of Bioware all the time...

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."
-Jerry Seinfeld

I agree with JDR13. Some notes.

1:13 - Im not impressed. The world map is nice to look at but it seems that all/most regions are mission-based. You are told from the start what you should do there. The cards at the left side represents your choice how to approach this mission - you can make it assassination action-fest (Leliana) or diplomatic mission. Unfortunately it hints that the design is pretty much linear and this choice should give it some variability. Or make such initial impression. But Im afraid you choose between few mostly linear paths (approaches). This design goes against the heavily promoted "open world RPG".
Why do you need that cards? Just give player basic info and let him go on location, learn more about the situation, do few small local quests, and let him deside what to do there. Thats what I would expect from so-called RPG. And from leader of inquisition.

3:30 - So they guide you which enemy is vulnerable and resistant to which element? Its like "hey, player, dont worry about anything… see this info and do what we say"

4:23 - Fire should damage that wooden bridge, at least a little. Im sure that big RPGs from EA dont work on similar limited budget like RPGs from KS.

Hmm, I wonder how often your heroes can miss? With such fast-paced combat is attack bonus (precision) actually important or mostly useless? :)

Armor certainly had a massive impact in Dragon Age 1. Some of the truly tough foes, like Revenants, were damn near impossible to damage. Some of those guys were brutal.

Eh, unimpressed. Might pick the "ultimate edition" up at some point if it gets good reviews, but as some have already mentioned before, if it involves installing Origin I doubt I ever will.

The game looks beautiful.

My #1 problem with it is that I'm a PC gamer and I have zero interest in console gaming. And I'm really, really, really sick of console influence on game design in PC games. Everything about the UI and gameplay look arcade and console driven.

I swear I've seen that they've posted that this is a PC game first and their serious about PC but I've yet to see any of their footage feature keyboard and mouse or look like anything other than a console game with yet another crappy console UI and overall dumbed down everything for console.

The worse part of all of this is that the DLC will have significant story content and for game like DAI, story is very important

This is exactly my reasoning. I could care less how much it costs, but there is a whole bunch of story that gets added later that I keep missing. The Citadel DLC from ME3 was critical to the entire ME universe experience (not the story so much, but the experience) that I refuse to be snookered by EA again.

I will wait until they are done adding stuff before I play it. It will just be a bonus if the base game has come down in price by then.

Back
Top Bottom