Dino the Bichon and his violent seizures

Wrong, Ripper. Something did get achieved. Nice people have contacted me privately and want to help. To them I say, "THANK YOU!!!". It almost makes it worth dealing with the trolling and negativity, even if it is just to see one person who truly cares and wants to help. It proves to me that there are still some good people to be found on the internet, and that I shouldn't leave here just because certain members want to see me gone.

It's tough, but I might have to leave here and just be done with internet forums for awhile. I'll just work on my YouTube and other ventures but not read comments on forums like this one. I can't take the trolling and negativity anymore.

Again, to anyone who wants to help, please contact me. Every penny is going towards the little guy, and every donation will certainly help a TON to get him the help he needs. Thank you!

Hmmm, don't forget I owe you copy of Dungeons of Aledorn when it comes out. You need to hang around long enough to get it from me.

Isn't this a good time to close this thread?

Whoever wants to support Fluent can contact him privately and whoever wants to tell him how to live his live can also do this privately.

Apart from this, the entertainment value of this thread is decreasing rapidly.

I hope that both Fluent and DArtagnan continue to contribute to this biotope.

I was just going on the amount showing on your Gofundme page, Fluent. I really do hope your dog gets better, but I also do think that we ought to have a think about having these requests on the forum. It really does provoke bad feeling every time, and I don't think it's fair to identify contributers as the good people, and the critics as trolls.

No, there is no real hope that Dino is just going to "get better". I mean, a miracle could happen, yes, but it seems like he will have seizures for the rest of his life, and that means we simply have to do whatever we can to make his life as comfortable and nice as we possibly can.

My mom is a real trooper. She spends sleepless nights up with him when he's in his post-ictal phase. He will literally whine and cry for hours on end, walk around and get stuck in corners, etc. She stays up with him during those times and it's amazing how much she loves the little guy. She's a warrior.

Dino should be taken care of thus far, at least until a possible MRI is needed. That's probably going to be a big expense. Right now, we're hoping that the new medicine he is on along with the gel medicine to stop clusters will be enough. We want to see his seizures spread out in much longer intervals, rather than every 4 weeks.

The gel medicine we just purchased for him has 5 syringes for $50. We may need to use 2 of them in one cluster period, so depending on how often he has them, these $50 bills can keep racking up. Thankfully, we have some time before the next batch is needed and hopefully the 5 syringes we have now will cover him for at least a month or two.

And this is my mom's Gofundme page, not mine, I'm simply spreading the word of it. She wanted to start one and do it all herself. I have very limited means of promoting such a site, and thought the 'Watch would be as good a place as any to spread the word. That is the point of social media, to make people aware of things. There is absolutely no harm doing that in an off-topic section of this website.

Just a little update.

Dino is doing well and hasn't had any seizures since his last bout, which is obviously great news. We're hoping the new medicine he is on, Kepra, I believe it's called, is taking effect and going to either stop the seizures from happening or spread them further apart. So far, so good. :)

He did bang his eye pretty good, who knows how. If you check the Gofundme page you can see his eye was swollen shut. We don't know if it was some sort of infection or if he was trying to get to his dog food and banged his eye pretty good on the corner of the cabinet (probably this). It was pretty bad at first but it's getting better as well and we haven't had to take him to the vet over it yet, which is good, as it seems to be healing up well enough.

Just thought I'd share for anyone interested. Thanks and hope your pets remain happy and healthy. :nod:

Any time I read "Bichon" I believe it must be an Japanese Samurai type.

Hope your dog gets better. Mine died a few weeks ago, so I know how close you can be connected to it.

Hope your dog gets better. Mine died a few weeks ago, so I know how close you can be connected to it.

Ah, sorry to hear that, man. Yes, they can certainly be close to us. I've had many sad moments with pets over the years, but the good times and joy they bring make it worthwhile.

May your dog rest in peace, Bobo.

Thanks...she died after giving birth, but taking care of her litter did help a bit. Even if the little devils are always causing trouble:p.

When one animal dies a new one is born. The cycle of life.

Good luck with the little pups. I know how much of a handful they can be. Both Dino and Daisy (small beagle) went through a lot of growing pains growing up. Daisy was a chewer of everything and full of anxiety. Thankfully, they have both calmed down now and years later they are both great pets.

It's amazing how animals develop such unique personalities and traits that us humans can pick up one. Animals are amazing creatures and much more amazing than most of us realize. =)

Hey y'all. Just wanted to post in this thread. I just witnessed my little buddy have a pretty violent seizure. It's been a weird 2 months or so. For awhile there, his seizure periods were basically "scheduled" about every 6 weeks or so. The past few months he's been having them every 2 weeks, but, it's an improvement really because he doesn't have many of them, nor has he really had many in a row like he used to. But the past 6 or so days, it's been like the calm before the storm. He's been having terror episodes, which is a symptom of a pre-seizure period, and he has short periods where he's very frightened and isn't sure where he is. We take great, and I mean great care of him at all times, but this last seizure was a bit rough. It was sort of like the hurricane after the calm, since it was his first seizure in a few days since having the weird terror episodes. For the first time ever that I can recall, he was literally trying to run around wildly, run into things, etc. We had to grab him and hold him for a good 30 minutes. Then, I had to Dino-proof the entire downstairs (thank God for those huge couch pillows!). Also, it seems we'll have to bolt some things to the wall in the future, especially the china cabinet, since that is the most dangerous thing down there. Also, we're going to get him a cage for times like this for his safety. Can't have him running into things.

He's resting now and doing alright. Hoping that the night is uneventful in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom