The Mystery Scene Game

#49 is Escape from New York...

#50 - They Live as Gallifrey stated... that is truly a great movie... very underrated and mostly forgotten... I love it.

Is that They Live?

Indeed it is and I actually managed to find a picture from one of my favorite scenes in the movie where Roddy Piper enters the bank with his trusty shotgun and says: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum ... and I'm all out of bubble gum".

Wonderful stuff. I have a thing for Carpenter movies so with first The Thing and then Escape From New York I just couldn't help myself :)

"They Live" also contains one of the coolest "western styled" fight sequences put on screen (no matter how hard they try, there is no way Hollywood can ever compete with Hong Kong but that's another matter entirely)

I haven't seen They Live in a long, long time. I should give it another go, as I remember it just being horribly cheesey and I know Carpenter usually has a bit more depth to his movies than I recall from They Live.
So I probably missed something in my viewing.

someone's hijacked my spot :eek:

Oh well. I don't know what yours is Narp but maybe after that one someone can guess mine:

Mystery Scene #52

Just warning..its an obscure one ;)

I did find something on Youtube on it. Warning that its a phone cam of it it.

Mystery Scene #52 movie

Last edited:
someone's hijacked my spot :eek:

Sorry... somewhere in the beginning life of the thread (not in the first post, but one soon after) the thread starter stated that we didn't really have to go in any kind of "person who got the last one is next" order... so I just threw one out... didn't mean to jump ya ;)

my bad..I didn't see that. I had been waiting for weeks to post cuz of all these roger corman films you guys keep posting ;).

@Lucky Day
it is: "Die Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed" from Lotte Reiniger.

A fairytale out of "Tales of the Thousand and One Nights".

(Or is it called "Arabian Nights" in English ?)

Last edited:
In English its called the Adventures of Prince Achmed HX.

Makes sense that a German would know it. I'm going to get it for my nephews one of these days. My poor wife was bored silly with it. Of course, that was my whole silent movie stage that she had to put up with...

Sorry... somewhere in the beginning life of the thread (not in the first post, but one soon after) the thread starter stated that we didn't really have to go in any kind of "person who got the last one is next" order... so I just threw one out... didn't mean to jump ya ;)
Yep, one of the rules I set at the beginning of the thread was that we wait until one film was verified before posting the next. I did that because the thread on which I based this one is pandemonium. There are always a half dozen or more pics up and we can never keep track of which ones are active and which are finished. However, everyone on this forum has such good manners that the rule, it seems, was interpreted as the correct guess goes next. So I've mentioned a few times that it's perfectly fine, in fact it's encouraged, that anyone can post a film as long as there isn't one already active. I'll keep mentioning it, too, as long as necessary since it was my attempt at organization that caused the confusion in the first place. Lucky, you can go anytime and we'll all have loads of fun working on your film! ;)

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
The Killer Shrews!

I'll never forget the horror: a bunch of poor dogs with giant shrew costumes on! LOL

Good one!

here's an actual horrifying shrew attack from the film

I know a giant shrew when I see one, thus my next shot comin atcha like a loco-motive babayy -

shot #54

I'll be proud of whoever gets this one. Prolly be Gig, she knows her British horror *hint hint* ='.'=

Last edited:
For a minute there, I thought it was Michael Jackson!! :)

I don't know what it's from, but it makes me think of Phantom Of The Paradise which in itself is a horror!

The Killer Shrews! Of course, what was I thinking! I so recognized the saber-toothed puppies... I just couldn't put a name to the face. :rolleyes:

I didn't get back in time to guess at #54, but it wouldn't have mattered, I've never seen Psychomania. It's on my list now, though, neat shot.
I want to say that it has something to do with cat-women.
You would be right. That's Alpha, Beta, Lambda and Helen from Cat-Women of the Moon.

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Psychomania is a great flick. The premise is basically, a motorcycle gang ("The Living Dead") figure out that if you really believe youll come back when you die, youll come back, immortal. What follows is absolutely hilarious. That shot is one of the girls of the gang (jane), freaking out someone who saw her swinging from a tree a second earlier and thought she was dead. Well, she is, but not anymore...

It really is a fun bad film, they all have side-splitting biker gang nicknames and even skulls painted on the face of their helmets. Only a few bucks at Amazon! Believe it or not! :D

I'll leave the movie guess for someone else. Good call on the Catwomen of the Moon ='.'=

Back
Top Bottom