Anti malware windows xp

P

pibbur who

Hi. I'm installing windows xp (sp3) on an old computer.

Can anyone recommend anti-malware software for xp? I use Bitdefender for my win 7 and win 8 machines and is happy with that. But I'm not sure how long it will support xp (jan 2016 has been mentioned). Don't need to be freeware.

pibbur who remembers when he first saw the IBM AT and thought it was blindingly fast.

Last edited:
… And I thought that someone had the bizarre, cynical opinion that windows xp was "malware" … Because Windows 7+ is newer …

I'm using the product by eset right now, by the way ...

I suggest getting rid of winXP as soon as possible.
Or if you just can't, keep it disconnected from internet and use phones to browse for stuff.

I suggest getting rid of winXP as soon as possible.
Or if you just can't, keep it disconnected from internet and use phones to browse for stuff.

I have it mostly for occasionally running programs that doesn't work so well under later windows versions.

My main workhorses are win 7 and win 8.

pibbur who maybe also should bring to life an even older PC for running DOS. He has a computer for running CP/M if the OS diskettes was working.

… And I thought that someone had the bizarre, cynical opinion that windows xp was "malware" … Because Windows 7+ is newer …

No, Norton Anti-Virus is Malware.

I have a scanner and the driver only works in 32-bit OS like winXP... very annoying to start it up each time I need to scan something.

It doesn't even have a Linux driver :(

Back
Top Bottom