Steam - the Latest Holiday Sale

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
And now Steam's holiday sale is up. It's not quite as irresistibly wallet-busting as in previous years, but there's lots of stuff from the RPGWatch Curation List, including:

And as usual a bunch of classic series like Geneforge and Avernum can be had for a few bucks each. Myself, I'm going to listen to the 'Watch and pick up The Last Remnant — not a game I would normally have considered, but you guys haven't steered me wrong yet.

More information.

Last edited:
Hmm. I notice that Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, released seven days ago, is on sale for forty-eight percent off. Kind of a slap in the face to people who just bought the damned thing. Ten percent during a steam sale makes sense, but almost fifty percent six days after release?

Glad I didn't take the leap, the game must really stink if the publishers are that desperate.

Seems like a good time to buy MMX. Haven't bought it yet and wanted to wait for XMAS sale.

And as usual a bunch of classic series like Geneforge and Avernum can be had for a few bucks each.
This might finally be the time for me to try these out. The whole Spiderweb collection, 12 games, 80% off for ~7.40,- … Hmm, tough choice.

Includes 12 items:
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Avadon 2: The Corruption
  • Avernum: Escape From the Pit (first part of the first trilogy remake)
  • Avernum 4
  • Avernum 5
  • Avernum 6
  • Geneforge 1
  • Geneforge 2
  • Geneforge 3
  • Geneforge 4: Rebellion
  • Geneforge 5: Overthrow
  • Nethergate: Resurrection

Seems like a good time to buy MMX. Haven't bought it yet and wanted to wait for XMAS sale.

;)

why-i-oughta.jpg

A couple of intersesting thing I don't have. But I can't afford them, since it requires that I, in order to play those in addition to my backlog, retire now (iN stead of in 7 years as planned). And probably live to well beyond level 90.

pibbur who admits to the bearded knacker that he already has MMX.

PS. Nice kid. DS.

So far the sale seems lackluster this year, with the titles not being discounted as heavily. I am not seeing as many 75% off as in the past.

Several titles on the list the list above have been cheaper in the past, for instance Deus Ex HR was $5 during the summer sale, and was less than $4 on Green Man Gaming the other day.

If you are interested in Might and Magic X: Legacy it is $6.24 at Gamestop; you can get the Deluxe edition for $7.49, though I have never used them for digital downloads. It is the Uplay version, not Steam, though even if you buy on Steam Uplay is required.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/might-magic-x-legacy/113616

Jeez, I think I just told somebody on another board that there was no chance of Shadow of Mordor going for 66% off last night! That's not quite there but… yipe!

Last Remnant typically has a bigger discount than that. I guess Square saw it show up on the RPG Watch list and let it go to their heads. ;)

P.S. Interesting. SoM physical copy is $20 but the digital version is $33!

Last edited:
I think it is a good game; just crappy visibility. Kind of sad the developer is extremely helpful and dedicated.

Hmm. I notice that Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, released seven days ago, is on sale for forty-eight percent off. Kind of a slap in the face to people who just bought the damned thing. Ten percent during a steam sale makes sense, but almost fifty percent six days after release?

Glad I didn't take the leap, the game must really stink if the publishers are that desperate.

I think it is a good game; just crappy visibility. Kind of sad the developer is extremely helpful and dedicated.

agreed. It's the longest I've been able to play of any single-player title in a while

Expeditions Conquistador is missing in the list of recommendations ;)
That's the game we voted to "Runner Up of Best RPGs 2013"
In addition it's reduced by whopping 80%, so you can get it for 4€ or whatever the Dollar equivalent is.

Even though I suffer from extreme backlog-itis, I have succumbed to the power of the Steam sale ;) . But just got one short and, according to reviews, most excellent game by the name of 'The Vanishing of Ethan Carter'. It's 40% off at €11.39 or thereabouts.
Other than that just waiting for BioShock Infinite to finally drop below €10 including the Season Pass but it's once again €14.99. Everything else is still way too expensive to add it to a hopeless backlog :) .

That's the game we voted to "Runner Up of Best RPGs 2013"
In addition it's reduced by whopping 80%, so you can get it for 4€ or whatever the Dollar equivalent is.

And I liked it better than Demonicon or Shadowrun Returns. Hands down my (S)RPG game of the year 2013. Also Shadowrun : Dragonfall is 50% off, if you didn't get it as a DLC.

Last edited:
I actually got this earlier today along with the Spiderweb collection and the XCOM package. Now I'm in a peculiar situation that must be familiar to a lot of you guys: what do I play first? Seriously, how do you cope?

Probably going with Expeditions first, as I think it's the shortest of the bunch.

Expeditions is on the curation list.

Expeditions is on the curation list.

Ah, sorry, what I meant was just the head post, because it's not just an extremely good game (that won an RPG Watch reward) but is also reduced by a large amount. So I wanted to bring it to attention ;)

Back
Top Bottom