Fallout: NV - Retrospective @ Enthusiacs

It's quite easy if someone does it for you and hosts it on the Nexus, sure… It's also quite easy for me to build a car when I purchase one from the dealer.

i always thought it was a bit funny that the snowy region Jacobstown is so close to the steaming hot desert, the transistion is hardly very believable.
Kinda, but it´s modeled after real world location (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Charleston) which is close to desert too. Obviously the game´s scale makes the transition somewhat sudden, but I think the distance proportions are the same.
As i see it, the biggest let down is New Vegas itself, which even modded (to become more interesting etc) is a real drag, a really, really boring location.
That´s understandable. Personally I was only underwhelmed by The Strip itself (which I think is the game´s main weakness when it comes to "physical" world building), I thought the suburbs were a-ok, except for rather annoying segmentation. Regardless, I still found exploring Vegas preferable to exploring DC, mainly because it doesn´t come with repetitive subways.

The southwestern desert is very dry, not steamy. At sufficient altitudes it is cold and snow sticks. Taos and Flagstaff being the obvious examples. It snowed on us on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on Memorial Day.

Back
Top Bottom