Witcher 3 - Patch 1.07

They keep cleaning up these little annoyances that mar an otherwise great experience and the Witcher 3 could very well end up rubbing shoulders with the likes of Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment on future 'best RPG' lists.

In everything except story imo. I haven't finished TW3 yet, but I doubt it's better in the story department. The only game that was better was the Legacy of Kain series. Of course, in my opinion.

That's probably because you appreciated the writing in Torment, which I found excessively verbose and pretentious.

I hear good things about the actual story and plot, but I never completed it, so I can't be certain.

Since I don't like Avellone's writing, I guess it makes sense ;)

They keep cleaning up these little annoyances that mar an otherwise great experience and the Witcher 3 could very well end up rubbing shoulders with the likes of Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment on future 'best RPG' lists.
With visuals most definetly.
But both BG2 and PST are party based games so... In some parts TW3 still can't compete with them. ;)

Here's however hope someone will make a proper graphics overhaul of those classics, not just a cashgrab phoneport.

In everything except story imo. I haven't finished TW3 yet, but I doubt it's better in the story department. The only game that was better was the Legacy of Kain series. Of course, in my opinion.

I was wondering about that and I think that story in Torment was convoluted and unclear enough so that people were putting their own spin on it and so it become more interesting that it really was...

Eh...writing includes a lot of things. Even with some flaws and all the tech at their disposal, I still think it has overall some of the best writing in rpgs. It is more emotionally engaging and those in-between-moments between Geralt and Ciri or simply getting drunk with your Witcher buddies, is where this game really shines at. Torment is more philosophical and too different on that account.
Without any doubt, it has overall the best characters, dialogue and quest design I've come across.

No matter what writing includes, it's actually possible to prefer one kind over the other.

TW3 was already that good out of the box.

I asked a few weeks back, but have to ask again.

What happened with vurt?
Where did he disappear? And why? I hope it was not because of TW3 graphics deliver/undeliver debates.
Can anyone contact him?

**Looking at Ovenall's avatar**

"Hmmmm.... ugly cat"

Imagine, I'm talking to myself, or maybe it's just my thoughts I hear but it's so important I had to share it with you.

**Looking at Ovenall's avatar**

"Hmmmm…. ugly cat"

Shut up joxer. There is no such thing as ugly cats! :lol:

ugly_cat.jpg

EVERY CAT IS BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY SHE IS! Precisely like Roach. Never change, Roach.

EDIT: Fuck, that's right. They changed her with this patch. Bastards.

I asked a few weeks back, but have to ask again.

What happened with vurt?
Where did he disappear? And why? I hope it was not because of TW3 graphics deliver/undeliver debates.
Can anyone contact him?

Don't know where Vurt is. He was a great resource.

Have to say that the percentage of personal attacks around here has grown as of late, making my visits here often unpleasant. I don't even enjoy lurking and watching ppl putting each other down. It could explain Vurt's absence.

RPGWatch used to be pleasant. Fun.

Hope Vurt is ok.

Also hope we will all treat negative and confrontational personal comments as strictly off limits at RPGWatch.

Best Regards to all.

__

Joxer, what did you do to that cat?:p

**unable to advance quest line until I click on the magnifying glass**

"Hmmm. I should probably tell Zoltan"

Que music. Quest updated. New goal: Tell Zoltan about the footprints

**follow dots on mini map to Zoltan**

(apology for the spoilers)

I just started playing The Witcher 3 for real recently. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it, especially considering I didn't like The Witcher 2 and am growing tired of action RPGs in general. A true open world — unlike The Witcher 2, despite it being billed as such — is much appreciated by me, although I frequently am frustrated when I can't kill NPCs who piss me off. :p

But more than that, TW3 does so many little things right. I hope CD Projekt realizes, as I imagine they do, that all of the attention to detail is worth the effort. And I'm not just talking graphically. The characters have an easy, believeable way about them — the polar opposite of the flat stereotypes BioWare offers. So often in good writing, less is more. Show me who the characters are, rather than lecturing me about it in some implausible, abrupt speech.

Well done, CD Projekt. Didn't think I would enjoy an action RPG this much again, especially one with so little character development (mechanically and statistically speaking — another gripe).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom