Elder Scrolls Online - Launch Details

Well, I may need to find Dart once ESO comes out to show me how to play the thing. I bow to the experts and I'm a total n00b to MMO's. I don't think Minions of Mirth counts.
Anybody have a link to the classes? I typically play Bretons or Altmer for the strong mage factor. Since the Altmer are mostly the bad guys, I'll probably play a Breton.

My wife thinks I am not quite right in the head since I play computer games and that's for children. I hope one days she will understand :)

I wouldn't count on it ;)

That said, we should put your wife in a room with all those female gamers who're lamenting that women aren't properly represented in the industry.

Well, I may need to find Dart once ESO comes out to show me how to play the thing. I bow to the experts and I'm a total n00b to MMO's. I don't think Minions of Mirth counts.
Anybody have a link to the classes? I typically play Bretons or Altmer for the strong mage factor. Since the Altmer are mostly the bad guys, I'll probably play a Breton.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

This site has a lot of info, including skill calculators, quest information and what not:
http://esohead.com/

It's basically the same as wowhead.com for WoW and torhead.com for SWTOR. Great websites.

How do you "manage" your inventory with list view in ESO?

Inventory management isn't simply about how many items you can carry.

Well, I asked you, so please explain what is it you can't do in a listed interface (which in ESO's case also contain icons). I'm not arguing, you may very well be right, but here and now I can't see what I'm missing.

pibbur

Jesus, all you guys got closed beta invites for Wildstar?

Every sane person plays games to kill crap. Not build crap, read crap, or jump on or look at crap.

They also have a lot of housing options, but I don’t care about that either. I guess you get unique missions for building like mines or forests on your sky house plot thing. I don’t care either way as long as the game doesn’t force me into the housing nonsense.
First thanks for the whole "review" thing on that game. Someone mentioned it the other day as an alternative to other MMOs but without much details so I forgot about it.

I didn't receive any kind of beta invite and will not play it if it's in beta state, however…
No. Not everyone wants to play a game just to kill mobs. And it has nothing to do with sanity of a player. Or you're suggesting that all those ppl who adore farm simulator, train simulator, funpark tycoon, reversi, cardgames, etc should visit a shrink?

Building, housing, crafting, even gardening can be made very interesting and fun. But you can't know that if you never even try it. I was surprised how much fun I had with housing in Sims for example. Honestly, I'm not into that stuff at all, but it was made in such way that combining different things gives results you didn't expect at all and in the end it's so fun you just want to try some more.
On the other hand, gardening feature in Wizard101 is crap and not fun at all. Unlike the rest of the game. They should fire whoever designed it.

What lacks in your post is actually - did they make noncombat features fun or it sux so much noone should bother with it? And now I can't expect an answer since obviously you didn't try those features. And all I want to know did someone finally make a MMO that is not only bloody filler grind/fetch/loot rubbish.

Guys, if someone does play Wildstar thoroughly, to keep this thread ontopic, please make one about Wildstar in MMO subsection. Unlike ESO where I'm waiting to see just one thing that could make me try it (and none appeared for months now), after Bubbles' post I got very interested in Wildstar.

Well, I asked you, so please explain what is it you can't do in a listed interface (which in ESO's case also contain icons). I'm not arguing, you may very well be right, but here and now I can't see what I'm missing.

pibbur

Tetris min game (think Diablo)
You can sort items into your bags the way you like it.
You can see all your items in one go.
No need to scroll.
Images of items in a grid look much better!

I see what you mean.

Then it's a very minor issue to me. Both inventory systems have their benefits, and I can't say I prefer one above(correct english?) the other. It does not affect my immersion and enjoyment of a game.

pibbur who doesn't pay attention to a lot of things.

First thanks for the whole "review" thing on that game.

I live to serve.

Or you're suggesting that all those ppl who adore farm simulator, train simulator, funpark tycoon, reversi, cardgames, etc should visit a shrink?

Yes, of course. If a grown man plays with My Little Ponies in a tutu he may want to as well.

What lacks in your post is actually - did they make noncombat features fun or it sux so much noone should bother with it? And now I can't expect an answer since obviously you didn't try those features. And all I want to know did someone finally make a MMO that is not only bloody filler grind/fetch/loot rubbish.

Did you watch the video explanation I linked? They explain it pretty well.

Both inventory systems have their benefits, and I can't say I prefer one above(correct english?) the other.

No, one isn't a system. A list isn't a system. It is a list. A list is the absence of a system. The only benefit of a list is any dickhead can make one. You make one when you don’t have a system. You can make one with a chisel and stone, a pen and paper, and even urine and snow/sand/something that urine will stand out in.

Could you support that rather insane claim? I'd love to read about it.

Yes, of course. In 7,000 BC they had lists. But in the year of our Lord, 2014, we have computers, and games that have progressed beyond ASCII graphics. EGA/VGA, floppy disks, lists for inventory are all a thing of the savage yesteryear. Can you name one game developed exclusively for the PC this century that has a list for an inventory? No, of course not because of civilization. We have good input devices and have no need for caveman lists.

Here is scientific proof:

Science + Technology + Innovation + Civilization + The 21st century = GUI only

Cavemen + Consoles + 7,000 BC + Monkeys = Lists for inventories

SCIENCE. SPACE EXPLORATION. TREES. POSITIVE ENERGY. GUIs. WOMEN BEING ABLE TO VOTE. EQUAL RIGHTS. CIVILIZATION.

Which of the following words does not fit - Technology. Space Exploration. Science. Innovation. List

(Hint - it is list)

Which of the following words does not fit - Monkey. Savage. Cave life. Sexism. Scroll. Chisel. Papyrus. Abacus. Wagon. Graphical User Interface.

(Hint - it is GUI)

SCIENCE WINS. AS USUAL. Good job science, you did it again! Yeah. Weeeeeeee.

Yes, of course. If a grown man plays with My Little Ponies in a tutu he may want to as well.

Hey, say what you want about science, but leave the Bronies out of this.

images

Yes, of course. In 7,000 BC they had lists. But in the year of our Lord, 2014, we have computers, and games that have progressed beyond ASCII graphics. EGA/VGA, floppy disks, lists for inventory are all a thing of the savage yesteryear. Can you name one game developed exclusively for the PC this century that has a list for an inventory? No, of course not because of civilization. We have good input devices and have no need for caveman lists.

Here is scientific proof:

Science + Technology + Innovation + Civilization + The 21st century = GUI only

Cavemen + Consoles + 7,000 BC + Monkeys = Lists for inventories

SCIENCE. SPACE EXPLORATION. TREES. POSITIVE ENERGY. GUIs. WOMEN BEING ABLE TO VOTE. EQUAL RIGHTS. CIVILIZATION.

Which of the following words does not fit - Technology. Space Exploration. Science. Innovation. List

(Hint - it is list)

Which of the following words does not fit - Monkey. Savage. Cave life. Sexism. Scroll. Chisel. Papyrus. Abacus. Wagon. Graphical User Interface.

(Hint - it is GUI)

SCIENCE WINS. AS USUAL. Good job science, you did it again! Yeah. Weeeeeeee.

I refute this proof as it's wrong and civilization has mostly failed anyway.

But thanks for trying so hard ;)

Hey, say what you want about science, but leave the Bronies out of this.

That picture is strangely erotic. Is there a Care Bear equivalent of these people?

I refute this proof as it's wrong and civilization has mostly failed anyway.

But thanks for trying so hard

Let’s picture this – Setting: Space. The bridge of the Enterprise

Captain Picard - Data, show the Sy Brolan System on screen.

Data - Here you go, Captain

CP - Data, WTF? This is a list. Why are you showing me a list?

D - Lists really are equivalent to visual representations. For one, everything is listed out in a nice top down scrollable order. And, other benefits too.

CP - Like what?

D - Um, it is obviously self-apparent. Don't you see it? It is a list. It lists things.

CP - Put a fucking normal visual representation on screen. We aren’t fucking monkey savages. This isn't 1987 and we don't live in a God damn cave.

D - Yes, Captain!!!

It is 100% irrefutable. Why would PC developer’s waste money on GUI inventories if a simple list was equally as good? Why would a game that cost millions on looking good not have a proper GUI inventory that is 100% the standard for even indie games developed on the PC? Because real, proper, and good inventory systems favor the standard and superior input devices of the PC, and are a pain with inferior controllers that favor 1987 NES Dragon Warrior lists. That is the only reason there is lists for inventories in this game, because they want it to play best on consoles. It was designed for consoles, and that is why the standard MMO fair of easy communication, communication functionality, etc, is nonexistent in this game. It is a console game. I liked the ME games despite them having lists for inventories because there was barley any loot. It’s not a big deal in SP games with little to no loot. For an MMO with lootables literally every square inch of the game, it is a huge deal. You can pay money for a poor console port, or demand the industry standard for the PC. I will not except 1987 lists for inventories in an MMO.

It might be irrefutable if it made any kind of logical sense as proof.

It does make a lot of sense as emotionally driven bullshit, though ;)

You have some kind of irrational issue with lists, I get it, and you're doing your best to have it make sense to rational people.

That, or it's some kind of obscure Codexian joke - which seems equally likely to me.

Again, thanks for contributing!

It might be irrefutable if it made any kind of logical sense as proof.

It does make a lot of sense as emotionally driven bullshit, though ;)

You have some kind of irrational issue with lists, I get it, and you're doing your best to have it make sense to rational people.

Again, thanks for trying!

You can’t refute science.

SCIENCE WILL WIN!!!

Knock Knock
Who is there?
Science
Science who?
WINNING. SCIENCE IS WINNING.

Good lord...
I thought I'm dealing with someone who didn't come here from codex just to troll.

Forget what I've asked in my previous post, I'll try Wildstar on my own.

He lost me yesterday with Boobs.
I mean, come on? Who doesn't love boobs?

Now we know who you are!!!!

It makes a lot of sense

No, thank you for trying and contributing!!!!! I love you so much !!! Positive energy, emoticons, and exclamation points. Weeeee.

What were the benefits of a list again? Oh yeah, you don’t give any because there isn’t any. Well, you have to admire those who take ridiculous stances like lists are equivalent to GUI inventories. Let’s check the pros of lists. 1) It lists things!!!!! That is all. Its only benefit is epitomized by its name. The same today as well as back in 7,000 bc when a list was bleeding edge technology leading the forefront of caveman research along with sticks and rocks. A list is to a GUI inventory what sticks and rocks are to computers. SCIENCE cannot lose.

I like that song. Thank you. I’ll take linking that song as admitting defeat and that I have officially won by the unspoken rules of science we both explicitly agreed to by joining this site and agreeing to the terms and conditions hereforto and forthwith and nothing anyone says or does changes this. I win, have won, and it is indisputable scientific fact reproducible by the scientific method as agreed to by both parties herein.

Forget what I've asked in my previous post, I'll try Wildstar on my own.

I don’t know where you thought this may have been leading but I was never going to dress as a bronie, sit on your lap, and help you jump around and grow corn in Wildstar. I’m spoken for and off the market.

Good lord…
I thought I'm dealing with someone who didn't come here from codex just to troll.

You’re a codexian troll! There, how do you like it? It hurts, doesn’t it? Its okay. Are you the Axman13 from this by chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA

He lost me yesterday with Boobs.
I mean, come on? Who doesn't love boobs?

You should reread whatever it is you thought you read. I love boobs and have never once said anything contrary. I think boobs are the tops. Just capital. I like to look at them, touch them, listen to them, smell them, taste them, cure the cancer in them, smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh no.

Back
Top Bottom