Apparently Tomb Raider 2 port is fantastic

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://www.vg247.com/2016/01/27/ris...t-pc-port-if-youve-got-the-rig-for-it-report/

They say there that graphically the port (assuming your PC is not decades old) is superb and UI is not awkward as we used to see in other games.

It all makes me sad. TR: Rise of Tomb Raider is bundled with season pass which instantly makes it no buy for me till the game is completed by developers.
I could still buy a physical copy and send it to WB Games with a message: this is how a game port should look.

It all makes me sad. TR: Rise of Tomb Raider is bundled with season pass which instantly makes it no buy for me till the game is completed by developers.

Yeah same here. I will get this when some kind of complete edition goes on sale next year or so.
I'm a Tomb Raider fan since the very first game but they are making it easy to wait with this one.

For one, I do not really want to support the timed exclusivity crap.
Secondly, it will probably be way more fun to play the complete package with all the upcoming DLC included.
Thirdly, this is a very demanding but also visually great game so it will be more fun to play with a high end Pascal GPU.
Fourthly, the game will most likely get a DirectX 12 patch at some point since it already did use some DirectX 12 features on the Xbone and DirectX 12 support was apparently taken out for the PC port for some reason (conspiracy theory is that nVidia instigated DirectX 12 removal ;) ).

So all in all lots of good reasons to not play this right away but I will definitely get this at some point when it is on sale including all the DLC, DirectX 12 and the whole nine yards!

I was a big fan of the original Tomb Raider, but I didn't care much for the 2nd and 3rd games and stopped playing them after that.

I played the reboot though and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. I hope RotTR follows the same style and isn't a return to the tired formula of the older titles.

As far as the season pass is concerned, I don't see how it's any different than most games nowadays.

Awesome, I finished Tomb Raider 1 on DosBox only a few months ago ;)

Just saw TB's port report, definetly jaw dropping.
That snow in the hair? OMG. Why did they put season pass, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :'(

Just saw TB's port report, definetly jaw dropping.
That snow in the hair? OMG. Why did they put season pass, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :'(

So you go around complaining about it and promote the game freely for them. ;)

I remember loving Tomb Raider one on the playstation like....I dunno, back in the 90's maybe. That said, it was fun once but I'd never try a game like that again, that whole jumping and climbing bs is just bs.

Playstation?!

Your loss.

Hm ...

That said, there’s one caveat: to get the most out of this port, you need a pretty good gaming PC.

“This is a demanding game to run on the high and very high presets, and compromises need to be made on less capable systems,” the report notes.

“We recommend a Core i5 quad-core processor for this title and a GTX 960 for a better-than-console experience.”

The “budget” level PC Digital Foundry uses for testing couldn’t handle Rise of the Tomb Raider, with nasty frame rate drops even with graphics settings turned down to the same level as the Xbox One.

Just ignore it.
I bet they didn't disable HBAO+.

I'm loving Rise a more than the original, partly because I feel they wrote Lara a lot better in this one. And I also find the story more compelling. Plus the environments are just huge, and I love the exploration and puzzles. It's definitely an improvement over the previous version, at least for me it is. Also, the so-called "tombs" in the original were a joke. They're better in this one also.

No.
But about Rise of Tomb Raider that was released on XBone last year and few days ago on PC.

Back
Top Bottom