Non-functional quest reward

Praetus

Traveler
Currently I am on Reandore: I have just finished the "science" quest, which involves photographing the Empire test subjects, before they get "transformed". I was asked whether I wanted money or an upgrade. I chose the latter and have ended up with the item "Medusa tentacles". However, it has no description, no obvious applications nor any listed bonuses.

It's similar to the "birds" reward you get earlier in the game for helping one of the hunters out on Goldin. An item that is worth nothing and has no practical application that I can see. Am I just being dense?

Also, I've tried to find the flyer repair man / salesman on Reandore and I can't. I assume flyers as player vehicles are accessible, but I have no idea where to get them from!

I chose the latter and have ended up with the item "Medusa tentacles". However, it has no description, no obvious applications nor any listed bonuses.

It's similar to the "birds" reward you get earlier in the game for helping one of the hunters out on Goldin. An item that is worth nothing and has no practical application that I can see.

Hm, are both objects called exactly like you write here? How do they look like? Did you get a money alternative on Goldin? If both are not implemented, I may remove them as rewards.

I got "birds" too from the hunter, it didn't even have an icon in my game

I got "birds" too from the hunter, it didn't even have an icon in my game

There is no "birds" object in my resource file! Are you using my 1.3 patch? What is the exact name of this object and where did you get it? Please use the dialogue history to post the giver's name, where he can be found on Goldin and the exact sentence that he says when giving it to you!

As for "Medusas tentacles", there is an object of that name but it looks like a body part left over after you killed an alien animal. Again I would need the exact name of the giver, where he can be found and what he says. If there was an item mixup I would get you an upgrade in the next patch.

He's the Hunter across from Anstan (the guy with the Gnow in the cage). He's just called "Hunter" and is in a stall with a bunch of lizards hanging.

If you talk to him about his daughter and listen to everything, He asks for 5 gnow claws, 8 wings, 10 mandibles, and 15 steaks. If you bring everyting he asks for he says:
"I'm not blind. Well youngling, I can sincerely proclaim you the good hunter. To be honest, I had some doubts in you at the beginning. Thank you for the assistance, and you made yourself a good profit. Here, take this small present from me. Maybe it'll be usefull one day…If you'd like to continue doing business with me - I'd just be glad to hear it. Come on when you'll have something to sell. Good luck youngling, take care!"

I'm pretty sure that's him. He also buys all that stuff for very good prices after you do his quest.

Oh yea, when I got it I was running 1.0 with your 1.3 patch, russian sound file, no film grain.

"I'm not blind. Well youngling, I can sincerely proclaim you the good hunter. To be honest, I had some doubts in you at the beginning. Thank you for the assistance, and you made yourself a good profit. Here, take this small present from me. Maybe it'll be usefull one day…If you'd like to continue doing business with me - I'd just be glad to hear it. Come on when you'll have something to sell. Good luck youngling, take care!"

After that line he should give you 25 sniper rifle rounds, at least if you installed the 1.3 patch correctly. Remember you always need to install the unofficial patch last and things like these can probably get messed up if you continue an older saved game from before.

This was before I installed 1.1 so there were no save game discrepancies and the only thing I did after the 1.3 patch was extract the no-film grain postprocess. I really don't know if it's reproducible sorry. (25 sniper rounds sounds alot better than invisible birds though :)

Back
Top Bottom