Gothic 3 Any word on next patch yet?

I am also looking forward to this patch, and will definetly start playing Gothic 3 again as soon as possible when it's out. I agree with ShadowMoses though - I fear they might just abandon the whole thing.

Just saw this on WoG: Goto www.gothic3.com and look at the JoWooD logo ...

I must be missing it... what are we supposed to see?

Nothing. :gorath:
Even the link to the JoWooD forum is missing on the German page.

That's potential bad news... but Gothic 3 is still listed at the Jowood website, so it's hard to guess what that means.

The JoWooD forum link seems to be on both language pages now. It's on the left side under "Community".

I don´t see it on the German page. But anyway, the publisher´s logo is missing. That´s very unusual. Maybe it means nothing though. It could be a simple technical problem.

That's one of PBs weaknesses - compared to companies like Obsidian they hardly ever update their site on what's going on.

So far JoWooD Community Manager Johann Ertl and PB art director Ralf Marczinczik posted on the subject of the removed JoWooD logos. Neither said that this was an accident.
(all transl.)
Ralf said: "I only noticed the disappeared logos when reading the [WoG] forum.
I suspect infos about this will come from JoWooD in the next days. (... A few general sentences about contracts and confidentiality clauses....)
Sorry - thus no further infos from our side on the logo story."

Ivan Ertlov wrote, in response to a rather ironical post suspecting he probably knows more about it: "(... I´m not involved in this ...) As Ralf and KaiRo already wrote, there are commintments not necessary to "concealment" but at least to remain silent about ongoing agendas, which also can´t avoid to stick to.
But I hope, too, that everything will be cleared up transparently ASAP."

Both definitely doesn´t sound like "Ups, I pressed the wrong key during a page update." Nobody denied that something is going on.

Another post by Ivan Ertlov, this time at the JoWooD forum. He also doesn´t like the current information policy, which he admits he is responsible for in the public part of the JoWooD forum. Part of the current policy reg. G3 seems to be only to disclose things - or rather "consider infos for disclosure"; his posts was a bit fuzzy ;) - which he know for sure. And currently his knowledge of things he can say with 100% certainty "is unfortunately limited".
What he can say for sure is: ">>The patch will come.<<, but I´ve said that before often enough. "

Thanks for the effort Gorath. I don't like the "uncomfortable silence". :|

why is it so freaking difficult to inform the fans.

I have a gut feeling that this might maybe be related to a takeover of JoWood and that someone removed the logos because JoWood will be part of a bigger entity soon(?)
I'm not sure what company would be desperate enough to shell out its hard earned cash for the wreck of a publisher that JoWood is :biggrin: but dumber things have happened in business history so I guess that it may be a possibility.
Though a simple divorce of JoWood and PB seems more likely, of course.

Guess we'll find out soon if this is something serious or not since JoWood is a public listed company at the Vienna stock exchange and thus obliged by law to send out notices about serious business matters.

In any case I think we'll see another patch. I have to admit that I am not the biggest Gothic fan in the world, but I found it very couragous that the guys from PB admitted that what they released (Gothic 3) was crap. Somehow I have the feeling that these guys are honest fellows who will do their best to release another patch.

I'm hoping for another patch as well.

Regarding all the intrigue, who can say. Maybe PB got a new publisher for future projects.

I think if a patch comes out soon, it would be a small one, as the biggest bugs are already fixed. Gothic3 is crap anyway, they should concentrate on the expansion (if any).

I hope for Gothic4, though :) The domain is already bought by the PB, hopefully they get another publisher too.

Back
Top Bottom