Horror Fashion Show

magerette

Hedgewitch
Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks these outfits are more scary than a SAW movie:

Galliano Does Dior

If I were a child, I'd hide behind mommy if I saw one of these women headed toward me.O_O Specially the Pink Vampiress

Or maybe I'm just old.

The eyes make me think that he was trying to copy Barbie dolls. Not pretty, but my idea of high fashion is a Cowboys jersey or a Wings sweater...

Nah, it's the make-up that exaggerating their facial features - something to match the clothes and such. I had seen dress fashions that make someone wearing it almost like wearing nothing.

But what scared me are women wearing sexy clothes such as baring half of their butts or tummy and yet didn't aware they got bad body shape with skin problems that look like bad case of acne....

Call me a weirdo then, because I think theyre pretty hot! Especially this or this one, va va voom.

Then again, Ive alwats loved women in heavy eye makeup

Dont like that one tho, she looks like tom petty in wonderland drag, and the shades gotta go. If youre gonna do your eyes up for me baby, dont hide em behind horse blinders!

Last edited:
High fashion is like "high art"; it has to change all the time and attempt to be daring to be accepted by the people with more money than sense or taste. I think the best fashion, and art for that matter, comes from the bottom up.

I'm partial to the Goth-Lolli scene, which is probably one of the reasons I like Vampires: Bloodlines so much. The makeup on these women looks like a pretentious copy of Goth style. High fashion models are all face anyway...basically a gorgeous head on a stick figure that the designers can hang clothes.

Better looks:

lolita.jpg

NekoiPsydoll06.jpg

Then there's the original Goth girl, Neil Gaiman's "Death".

death.jpg

I like those quite a bit better, Elliaures--especially the middle pic, where Art doesn't eclipse nature. The black SHOES on the first one are instruments of torture, however, which I would never allow near my own personal feet.

@Sammy--yes, I thought you'd like them. That chick does look like Tom Petty in a bad hat tho. :)

To me they're like tackiness to the infinite power--and we already had "camp" back in the day. I have to admit there's an over the top drama to the eye makeup/ hair explosions that's cinematic in its effect, but can you picture a girl like that in a real world setting--like sitting on the grass in the park?

Well, aside from in CA...;)

Let's not be paintin' us all over here with the same brush. :p What you really meant to say was "Well, aside from in LA..."

Not to mention NYC...I stand corrected. ;)

I thought they were someone's version of a sick twist on barbie and her collection at first.....I wish they were come to think of it.

Sammy, you haven't been on one of my lists for ages have you? :mwahaha: ;)

Back
Top Bottom