Mythic Entertainment - Shutdown By EA

My biggest gaming-related wish is to buy and then shut down EA one day. That just as a Revenge for all those companies EA had bought & shut down before.
That won't solve the problem, in the end you again have an "evil company" that ruined another.

My biggest wish is people getting smart and:
- refuse to buy any gamechanging DLC (standalone, epilogue or aftermath DLC is still good to go)
- refuse to buy virtual&taxfree&moneylaundry currencies
- refuse to buy gambling boxes in games for real money

That way EA would be ruined and the only one to blame would be EA itself.

Thrasher said he bought a car. I don't think the car came without windows so he needs to buy them separately. And while selling a car without glass is an obvious scam, I can't believe ppl still refuse to say that game cutout content sold separately is a scam.

What about buying a car that might have four wheels but that doesnt drive more than 10 km?
Calling for a behaviour that might phase out EA means calling for a behaviour that will destroy the crowdfunding scene.
At least, EA sells games. Many crowdfunded studios sell a promise of games. They are worse.

Another proof that throwing money at developers does not equal better products.
EA maybe should rethink what makes certain developers succesful and try to
support those qualities.
Developpers also come to EA to get more means to climb up to the next level.
Some games might not have that next level in them.

You have an odd definition of crowdfunding there.
I always thought it's something like charity not a classic investment where you in the end earn something. Yes you get a product in the end you may like or dislike, but it's still not a real investment.

If anything will kill games crowdfunding it's these crowdfunding projects:
- phonecrap
- MMOs
- DLC-o-ramas
- sandbox bullshit

I bet you've seen me coming and saying "I'm not backing this because" of one or more reasons numbered above. IMO it simply can't be a good product worth your cash.

I'll always call for a behavior that might phase out scams. EA sales are one thing, EA scams is another. The scam part has to die.
But it's not just EA. I'd buy all existing EA DLC instantly if all ppl decide to refuse to buy the biggest scamming company's crap. Perfect World Entertainment. I wish that company ceases to exist in the most miserable way you can imagine. Compared to PWE, EA looks like a cute innocent kitten.

Spending money on video games is not an investment. It is mere spending.

There is no definition involved. Simply the observation of what is going on. Crowdfunding is worse than EA as EA sells a car with no windows but it still sells a car. Crowdfunding sells a promise of a car that might drive in the end or not.

Charity? At least, when a beggar hits on people, the beggar is usually courteous enough to promise nothing in return other than doing a charitable act.

That is charity, caring for the welfare of someone else for the sake of it.

Crowdfunding isn't much different from pre-ordering. EA does pre-orders too.

In both cases, if the game gets cancelled (or the Kickstarter doesn't raise enough to make the game), you get your money back. Granted, there is also the possibility that a Kickstarter could succeed but the game could never see the light of day - although that's never happened yet (at least not on anything covered here, as far as I recall).

When you pre-order from EA, you don't know the quality of the end result yet. Hardly different from the Kickstarter situation.

Another skull for EA's belt. Well done, ogre.

Back
Top Bottom