Despretly Seeking Game Title

Hanyo

Traveler
OK so this is an old pc point and click adventure game i played when i was young, and I cannot for the life of me remember the title.

I remember these things: the character u play is a small alien purple I think.
It is NOT: UFO, Zak Makrakken etc, (mansion DoT) i remember at one point crashing into a farmers house, and somehow causing like...a house sized pumpkin to grow, and the graphics and play style were very like sam and max and the other light campy point and clicks almost SCUMMy in a way. PLEASE help with this, I need to remember this game so my brain will leave me alone!

Stupid Invaders ? Down in the dumps ? Chewy - Escape From F5 ?

Hm, yes, it could be Chewy : http://www.adventurearchiv.de/c/chewy.htm

This game is rare, by the way, not easy to come by, because it didn't have mass appeal, seemingly.

I'm looking for it myself since several years now.

Was made by Blue Byte, the company behind the Battle Isle and the Settlers series.

CHEWYY!!! I knew Escape was in the title! thank you sooo much! as For availability i know itll be rare because every google search i could think of didint get me squat lol so THANKS again

Try searching ebay for several months, then you might get it.

I recently let it slip by because of my own blindness : Someone I know from a diffrent forum had it, sold it, and I even knew of it !
Now I must go looking again ...

Still available on Amazon.

Actually it IS abandon ware I found it on Classic-pc-games.com or something like that. You have to sign up with a "Download partner" but they dont actually require u do any survey's or anything like that. I did it in five and got my "3 free" game downloads.
Works with dos box if u follow the instructions and no worries im playing now :) an old HotU release from a long time ago. maybe not abandonware now but was?

I don't think I'd say that to Blue Byte yourself.

Their headquarters is not too far away from here (they're part of Ubi since almost 10 years or so now), and it is nit tooo far away from here to go there, testing. Indeed, the are looking for testers, kind of building up a database for possible testers. They don't pay any money, though, but from my experience it could be that one might get a free meal, for example. I don't know. Their (Blue Byte's) headquarter lies in Düsseldorf, which is the capital of the federal state of Nordrhein-Westfalen (in English : Northrhine-Westfalia). And that's about 20-30 Km from here where I live. Düsseldorf means literally translated "Düssel-village", with the Düssel being a tiny rivr flowing through the town. The Neander-valley, named after the small river of Neander, is not fr away. That's where the *original* Neandertaler (Tal = Valley) was found ... And now you know why he has this strange name ... ;) THe Nander-Tal was once a very beautiful valley. Contemporary artists and travellers are praising it for its beauty. But that as several hundres of years ago. During the Industrial Revolution all of the limestone - the valley more or less consists of limestone - was mined, and now its beauty is long, long lost - together with the limestone cave that contained the Neandertaler's remains. Only a few years ago, archaeologists have been able to re-find again the waste rock pile that was the remains of the limestone mining around that very cave ... and they could even find more bones ! A few of them even fitted together with the *original*Neandertaler bones ! That was a great thing ! :)
But I still find it sad that the beauty of this valley (I've seen a few paintings and drawings) is now completely ost ... That makes me bothsad and angry, like the destruction of a hill with a Roman fort on it somewhere in Bavaria, one or two hundreds years ago ... also for mining ...

Back
Top Bottom