NWN 2: Storm of Zehir - Hands-On @ Wired

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wired says after playing Storm of Zehir with the interactive overland map, you can never go back to vanilla NWN2. Here's the opening of their hands-on preview:
If there was one flaw shared by all the Neverwinter Nights games, it's that neither ever managed to capture the sensation of leading an epic party like the Baldur's Gate titles that came before them.
Instead, both games felt as if you were a single person who maybe found one or two friends along the way, but was essentially alone against the endless hordes of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse.
Storm of Zehir, the second expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2 looks to amend that flaw, and though the solution created by developer Obsidian Entertainment isn't always perfect, it goes a long way toward capturing that old magic.
More information.

After reading the article, one question jumped out for me: If Storm of Zehir is not compatible with NWN2 and MotB, then do I need to uninstall it after playing through the campaign? I'm also assuming that it won't be friends with any of the other modules that have been released by the community. Another question would be whether or not the community will get a new toolset.

Back
Top Bottom