Apparently Tomb Raider 2 port is fantastic

Here's +1 partially because I like pinpointing such stuff and partially as suckup so you adress another spreading scamware plague in games industry.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/02/05/ris...s-new-graphics-options-fixes-critical-issues/

Even more (good!) news. TR2 got a patch that fixes some bugs but you won't believe this part:
- A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
- New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects’.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance. (Steam only)
- Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects. (Steam only)
- Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled. (Steam Only)
- Improvements to Razer Chroma effects. (Steam Only)
O_O

Square Enix, a company who's some ports were nearhorrible in the past, adds SLI support and even more gfx options for the already great port?
Either 2016. brought some new winds to the games industry scene just because or they wanted to show middlefinger to WB Games.
Or... Maybe they're targetting "port of the year" award if that will start to happen.

Or maybe they are practicing for the port of Final Fantasy 15?

Could be.
Imagine this PR "FF15, brought on PC by the same people who ported Tomb Raider 2".
Who wouldn't preorder it? ;)

Or maybe they are practicing for the port of Final Fantasy 15?

They should rather practise porting the only and true Tomb Raider II to modern systems ! :devilish:

Tomb Raider 2, PC version, outsold XBone version in launch month.
Whatever the number on the console was, three times more people bought it on PC.
http://www.vg247.com/2016/02/25/ris...d-xbox-one-digital-31-in-launch-month-report/

“Initial sales numbers on digital console for Rise of the Tomb Raider were soft, due to sharing its release date with Fallout 4 and its exclusivity to Xbox One,” CEO Joost van Dreunen said.

“The game sold almost three times as many units on PC than it did on console during its first month.”
I don't think the number on PC has something to do with release date and believe the number on PC could have been even greater if they didn't screw it with avoidware.
For example I'm eager to buy it but won't till they complete it (season pass idiocy).

Still, it's impressive. Does this mean people are turning away from gadgets and getting games on PC when possible?

I think that the future of gaming will be split between mobile and some form of PC. I think it is the traditional console that will fade away, in the end.

But you can't play games by mushrooms on phones!

Pity it's a twitch/QTE type of game. If it was of the Dishonored/Deus Ex sort, I would buy three!

Actually the move itself is a miracle.
Of all games, this one getting dx12 support was IMO the least expected - I thought after Fable MMO got cancelled EA or Ubi will want to jump on the wagon first to capitalize some more $ by advertising it.

Good job Square!

Actually the move itself is a miracle.
Of all games, this one getting dx12 support was IMO the least expected

Why? DirectX 12 PC patch for this game was rumored for a long time already since the Xbone version is DirectX 12, too, and Microsoft had their hands all over this one with the Xbone exclusivity.
Outside of Microsoft's own catalog, like GoW Ultimate and the like, this was actually the MOST expected game to be getting a DirectX 12 patch :) .

Back
Top Bottom