One More Day...

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
It's like I'm a kid who's going to Disneyland tomorrow and I can't eat, I can't sleep, I just watch the clock...

Ok, I'll bite. :biggrin:

Is it about a video game release that's been compared to Baldur's gate?

By one of our favorite publishers?

It's being called a true RPG whatever that means these days. Hmmn :S

TMG, I am really confused. I have no idea what you might be talking about.

Oh jeez... stupid me I forgot to put the game I'm talking about... yes it is D:OS. Can't wait. Can't sleep. Can't eat. I did not watch videos. I did not read spoilers. I did not play alpha or beta versions. I'm going in a total noob...

Oh I kickstarted it so I guess I'll get an email when it's released. But I'm not that eager, I always wait for a patch or two before playing a newly released game.

Indeed, kickstarted as well, and I'll most certainly be waiting for the obligatory 3-5 patches just about every new game needs these days. Thanks to the recent sales, I don't lack in finding something to play this week!

I read that it seems they didn't have time to include 2 NPCs so they took them out and will patch them in later, if so then that's definitely a reason to wait until they're added, at least to me. Also, the early start/beta test was of just a part of the game, so it's likely the part that wasn't available is not as polished as the first part, so yeah, I'll wait.

I just ordered my copy from Amazon.

Perhaps there should be a separate sub-forum for Original Sin now?

I think maybe people need to start with one point in ice if they are going to go a mage build because people on the forums are saying they cant find the basic spell "ice shard".

I read that it seems they didn't have time to include 2 NPCs so they took them out and will patch them in later, if so then that's definitely a reason to wait until they're added, at least to me.
If that's true, I'm gonna wait too. Unless those don't have a sidestory/sidequests but are mute Lydia clones replacable by any other NPC.

I've just started Witcher 2, so I can wait for some patches too. :)

Does anyone know if the D:OS Steam version will offer cloud save? I'm still undecided if I go for Steam or GOG…

Last edited:
I'm envious of that feeling ;)

Here's hoping you get what you want from the game!

Does anyone know if the D:OS Steam version will offer cloud save? I'm still undecided if I go for Steam or GOG…
It will have cl. save, but DRMfree is DRMfree, I'm getting my both copies on GOG. :)

When to expect it precisely…
https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/482933360659292160

Larian Studios
‏@larianstudios @AttemptCreate Typically that's around 10:00 PST
Hugo Brand ‏@Ulvenkai · 15h
@larianstudios @AttemptCreate So around 19:00 CET? Aaaaaaargh T.T

Okay, after the "bad news" here's some good news - D:OS is on the 4th place on top seller list on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/

Considering it's still summer sale, this is a huge success IMO, no matter it's only for a day.

I didn't even know the release date was today. Anyway Im playing and have a number of other games I want to play before I get to this. So it will probably be awhile before I play.

Honestly when I backed it I was very excited about playing it but since then so many games I really want to play have released or are about to release that it no longer stands out above the crowd.

Greatly looking forward to it, after maybe a couple days for any emergency patching. I like GoG, but will be getting the STEAM version as it reputedly has better multiplayer support (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

New important Larian update: if you've had alpha/beta access all along, that same code will be used w/Steam for your copy - no need for a separate code. So, get to downloading! GoG users have to wait a bit longer I believe.

Last edited:
From KS Update:
Sven Vincke said:
We’ve been secretly working on supporting GOG Galaxy, the new online multiplayer platform from GOG.com and are happy to announce that full GOG Galaxy integration will be available for Divinity: Original Sin.
As I assume that GOG Galaxy will have stuff like cloud save as well, I'll go for GOG. :)

I just claimed the game on Gog.com but its not showing up on the game list. However I got an email from gog.com saying that purchased it. Does this happened to anyone?

Same here. I've just contacted their support.

The order even shows up in the drop-down list in their contact form. So I gues it's just a minor problem.

From KS Update:As I assume that GOG Galaxy will have stuff like cloud save as well, I'll go for GOG. :)

So that's why they pushed a week for the release… IMO that's awsome! Hopefully GFWL games do that too instead of moving to Origin or uPlay.

I just claimed the game on Gog.com but its not showing up on the game list. However I got an email from gog.com saying that purchased it. Does this happened to anyone?

Craaaaaaap! I clicked automatically without changing it and because Steam is default now I get the bloody game on Steam.
Ah well… I'll probably rebuy it on next GOG sale. Sorry, can't help in this matter now. :(
[EDIT]
Wait! I can!
Just a sec. I'm an idiot…

Okay, the story is this. I accidentaly acticated my second key on Steam. But since I'm duo backer, I've activated the other one on GOG. There goes my plan to give the second copy to a friend. Bleh. Well... Not quite, IIRC I should get the third code for helping the watch statue "building". ;) If not, well... GOG sale. :D

317fv3p.jpg

And you're right. In GOG catalogue the game is not shown!

One thing to remember:
The Kickstarter backer ID database on Steam is currently missing a number of entries and is being updated. In a couple of hours it should recognise the backer ID of everybody. Small team working through a large task list with lots of pressure in an online environment with an internet connection that decided today was a good day to go on strike - bare with us, it'll all be done soon enough

Back
Top Bottom