Sinking Island

Lucky Day

Daywatch
It looks like Benoit Sokal has a new game out shortly called Sinking Island

http://www.sinking-island.com/

don't mind the Flash.

Sokal, in ase you don't know, designed the amazing Syberia I and II Adventure games.

His follow up, Paradise, wasn't received that well. I'm endeavouring to find out why first hand.

Paradise was totally ruined by that react-after-3-seconds animated cursor. It turned the game into an endless and useless pixel hunting. And of course the NPC's and the story were quite boring.

Sinking Island will be some kind of detective story which I usually hate. Let's hope it turns to be good. Screenshots are beautiful.

I'm still waiting for a detective story in an fantasy environment. ;)

I have played the German (or English demo?) for Sinking Island. I have to say that I loved every minute and second of playing it. The puzzles are logical. You use a sort of PDA to puzzle the clues around to decide who did what where why and when. Very nice, imo :)

And the graphics and visual design are also eminent. You will be walking around in a big tower in art deco rooms - trying to find out who did the diry deed. You can play in two modes, one in which the Island is Sinking and you have three days to find who did it, or you can choose the non-timed route in this game.

Sokal's game 'paradise' was perhaps unfairly being judged and compared to the previous games, Syberia 1 and 2. In Paradise I think Sokal tried to move the adventure genre forward with its implementation of that panter thing and some actiony sequneces which didn't sit too well within the fans of the adventure game genre. Although many of these sequences could be bypassed or avoided, I think.

/aries100

I just fired it up and found a rarity: an option to play a timed version of the game. Its not often that you find optional ways like this to play anymore.

I like the interface and cepea look of the thing. I'd better put this game aside so I can get homework done.

Just thought this:

"Shrinking Island ?"

Back
Top Bottom