NHL Playoffs 2011 edition

heehee. its good feeling. but we still have time to collapse.

I don't think anyone expected Vancouver to sweep the Blackhawks anyways. Chicago is only delaying the inevitable though..

I don't expect Detroit to sweep Phoenix either. The Coyotes have extra motivation tonight knowing that it could be the final game for that franchise in Arizona.

I predicted 5 games, but unless Bryz gets his poo gathered I'm thinking it's broom time. I like Jimmy Howard, but I can't say I expected him to be the better goalie (by far) in this series.

hopefully the wings sweep they always make me nervous with their history in the first round.

hopefully the wings sweep they always make me nervous with their history in the first round.

Detroit has the 2nd most playoff series wins in the history of the NHL. They've advanced past the first round more times than any other team except Montreal, and most in the modern era.

I'm not too worried. :)

Detroit has the 2nd most playoff series wins in the history of the NHL. They've advanced past the first round more times than any other team except Montreal, and most in the modern era.

I'm not too worried. :)

yeah in the early 2000's I believe there were 3 yrs (not straight) that they went one and done to what I thought was inferior competition. The ever nervous fan in me apparently can't remember the 7 good yrs.

Maybe it has something to do with also being a lions fan.:lol:

Well Detroit ends up getting the only sweep in the first round, and they've now won 57 consecutive playoff games when scoring 4 or more goals.

That game was lot closer than the final score indicated. Kudos to the Coyotes fans, who all stayed and cheered for their team, even when the game was over. It's a shame that they might be losing the franchise.

Bring on San Jose!

Depends how you define interesting!! :)

My Pens are taking care of business so far in the first round. When Crosby went down, I figured they were 1-and-done in the playoffs. While they still might be, I am truly impressed at the job this team has done. Have to give props to Bylsma. He is a tremendous coach. I only hope that they DON"T activate Crosby. I think they are much better off giving him the rest of this season and summer to recuperate. Another concussion now could actually end his career. While that would thrill some on this board, (no neeD To mEntion anyones names), that would really suck. Love him or hate him, the NHL needs all the Crosbys and Ovechkins it can get.

My Pens are taking care of business so far in the first round. When Crosby went down, I figured they were 1-and-done in the playoffs. While they still might be, I am truly impressed at the job this team has done. Have to give props to Bylsma. He is a tremendous coach. I only hope that they DON"T activate Crosby. I think they are much better off giving him the rest of this season and summer to recuperate. Another concussion now could actually end his career. While that would thrill some on this board, (no neeD To mEntion anyones names), that would really suck. Love him or hate him, the NHL needs all the Crosbys and Ovechkins it can get.

As a wings fan I hate crosby but I would never want to see anyones career cut short due to injury.

stupid, stupid , stupid Canucks *kick kick kick kick*.

I predict Schneids in net in game 6 and Luongo the next game whatever happens.

This shot high from the blueline has been known several years to be a weakness for Lou - Ryan Smyth I remember doing it a few times. I think the Hawks got the idea just because he's deep in the net.

The vaunted PK they worked so hard on from last year is not working pointing out a weakness without Malholtra. Duncan Keith seems to be the best player on the ice. Having the last change at home didn't help as AV decided to get softer bringing up Cody Hodgeson and sitting Ballard and Rome. I'm not sure CH played 5 minutes.

Another concussion now could actually end his career. While that would thrill some on this board, (no neeD To mEntion anyones names), that would really suck. Love him or hate him, the NHL needs all the Crosbys and Ovechkins it can get.
I wouldn't want that, Ice. I don't particularly like the guy's attitude and Bettman has TREMENDOUSLY overexposed him while completely ignoring dozens of other worthy players (even a few that have the poor manners not to wear the Winged Wheel...), but I still respect that kind of talent, and as you say, the league needs talented guys like that.

Like I said earlier, I think the Pens will go further this playoffs without Cindy since the rest of the team will elevate their game, so in the end I agree with you.

The only 2 games I've seen were the Canucks being blown out of the rink!! :(

I wouldn't want that, Ice. I don't particularly like the guy's attitude and Bettman has TREMENDOUSLY overexposed him while completely ignoring dozens of other worthy players (even a few that have the poor manners not to wear the Winged Wheel…), but I still respect that kind of talent, and as you say, the league needs talented guys like that.

Like I said earlier, I think the Pens will go further this playoffs without Cindy since the rest of the team will elevate their game, so in the end I agree with you.

I was kidding DTE. I know you wouldn't want to see anyone's career end. I was just having a little fun with your hatred of Crosby that's all. Injuries are part of the game and all teams have to deal with it in one form or another, but damn this team would have been tough to beat with that defense and goaltending with a healthy Malkin and Crosby. I think the rubber match with the wings would have been inevitable. And holy sheepdip would that be a great series. No love lost between these two teams that's for sure. They have tremendous respect for each other, but they hate each other with a passion.

Uh oh… is this year's Vancouver going to be last years's Boston?

@dteowner- Way to pick those Predators, I didn't see that one coming. Not having their #1 goalie for that series was huge for for the Ducks, imo.

I wouldn't want that, Ice. I don't particularly like the guy's attitude and Bettman has TREMENDOUSLY overexposed him while completely ignoring dozens of other worthy players

I have to ask, because I see this complaint everywhere. While I certainly understand someone having an issue with Crosbys attitude, how in the hell is it the kids fault that Bettman shoves him down everyone's throats? Blame Bettman for that, not Crosby. And for the record, I can't stand Bettman. He let the Whalers leave Hartford (who supported that team even though they were the leagues doormat), without batting an eyelash, and is fighting tooth and nail to keep a team in Phoenix where it will never survive. He simply refuses to admit his idea of hockey in the south is a terrible one and is a massive failure.

While I certainly understand someone having an issue with Crosbys attitude, how in the hell is it the kids fault that Bettman shoves him down everyone's throats? Blame Bettman for that, not Crosby.
It's really not his fault although he does tend to encourage it a bit with his diva attitude. For that matter, I think Bettman's "backup posterboy" (Ovie) is starting to succumb to the attention as well. Overall, Bettman is a good businessman, stupid southern expansion notwithstanding. He's disgraceful as a representative of the sport (see his recent efforts to eliminate a few decades of tradition by arresting people for throwing the pi). Unfortunately, his bosses are the owners and they apparently are more interested in short term profits than cultivating their dedicated fan base. Only baseball can hold a candle to hockey's traditions and sense of history, and Bettman prefers to use it for toilet paper rather than market it.

Back
Top Bottom