Skyrim Enchanted Weapons

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

zahratustra

SasqWatch
Steel Mace of Frost: damage-16; weight-17; value-185. Target takes 10 points of frost damage to Health and Stamina.

Does anybody know if this 10 points of frost damage is included in the base damage of the weapon or is it extra? I mean what's the final damage output? 16 or 26?

Thanks Biff!

Last edited:
Yeah they run out of charges, you can recharge them uses soul gems. (if you look at the bottom of the screen when highlighting it'll say press T to recharge. (on PC anyhow)

Daniel.

My self forged/enchanted daedric 1hander does not require recharging however that might be a bug.
It does show a charge bar when i examine it in the inv but it never decreases.
Hoping its a feature tho as that constant soulgem recharge idea was horrible enough on its own before they started with clunky console interfaces.

i'm not sure if its a bug--some weapons like the silver swords which do extra damage to undead also have a bar that never moves and can't be charged--they actually look empty but they seem to do extra damage.

If you get the perk to enable you to have more than one enchantment. You need 100 skill in Enchant to get this perk and take all the other perks leading up to it.

If you get the perk to enable you to have more than one enchantment. You need 100 skill in Enchant to get this perk and take all the other perks leading up to it.

Ouch! Not with my current character then.

IMO the soul gem/soul trap mechanic is the worst part of TES games.
I agree, and without a weapon that has imbued soultrap ability it's a pain in the arse. However, in mage's guild… Spoiler ahead!
There is an atronach forge where you can summon atronachs and fill soul gems easily with a practically controlled process. ;)

And also can't now remember which skill is that, but IIRC there is a perk that recharges weapons without need for soul gems!

Yes, it's an enchant skill. Restores 5% of the soul of the creature you killed. Haven't tried it yet. Someone claimed it was bugged. I haven't seen any verifications.

If it works as intended, it basically means you can stop worrying about charges.

I have that one and it doesn't seem to regenerate anything for me when I kill an animal or some such(that, or the boost is so small you can't see the bar change). Hope they fix it in the upcoming patch.

I have that one and it doesn't seem to regenerate anything for me when I kill an animal or some such(that, or the boost is so small you can't see the bar change). Hope they fix it in the upcoming patch.

if a petty soul gem doesn't fill up your weapon very much, it means it's high quality, so a grand soul gem or black soul gem will fill it completely, and it will last a lot longer than lower quality enchanted items.

I seem to find enough filled gems on dungeon raids, that I never have to capture my own souls. That's a relief for someone who wants to play a character that doesn't use restoration.

That depends if your PC is a caster or melee/range I guess. There are weapons enchanted with Soul Trap which I find easier to use than a spell. Low level ones are tricky to use since you only have few seconds to capture a soul so timing is a bitch…
Higher level ones are great though.

Back
Top Bottom