Interstellaria - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Interstellaria will be released today on Steam:
Interstellaria is a real time space-exploration sim and crew management game.

Command a fleet of vessels wandering the galaxy for adventure and profit! You’ll be forced to make tough decisions as you face hostile starships, crippling space anomalies, and intriguing aliens. When your fleet faces certain doom, should you direct your crew to make critical repairs, or report to their stations and boost your fleet?

Land your flagship on an alien world, allowing your crew to gather valuable resources for you— but be sure to equip them with powerful armor and weapons! It’s a dangerous universe out there, and although many helpful creatures will trade or share valuable information with you, many more will attack on sight!

Features:
  • Tactical crew management. Direct crewmen to put out fires, or repair damaged equipment. Posting them to their station boosts your fleet's speed and combat abilities.
  • Customize your ship with helpful stations. Allocate power to important systems or simply outfit your ship with lasers and put all power into weapons!
  • Your crew eats, sleeps, and needs entertainment. Each one develops unique traits throughout the game that help or hurt the mission. Various outfits and weapons can be found to customize them further.
  • Fleet-based combat. Instead of controlling a single ship, you control multiple ships each with their own crew.
  • Fully explorable galaxy, no areas are off limits. Each region has unique ships, aliens, and mysteries to find.
  • Land your ships on planets! Each world is a new experience and has special rewards for you and your crew.
  • Featuring an all-original soundtrack from the incredibly popular chiptune musician Chipzel.
Trailer:

More information.

Last edited:
I was going to purchase it, but I just found out there's significant content that is exclusive to Kickstarter backers (quests, ships, ...).

I don't know why some developers keep doing crap like this.
We're not talking about a different hat, or a different pants colour, we are talking about quests, that only a portion of the players may play.
Is it that hard to understand that it's extremely easy to miss on a Kickstarter campaign? Why punish people for this? They could, for example, make this content available for a higher price tag, thus rewarding the early investment of Kickstarter backers. Instead, they choose this option.

I was going to purchase it, but I just found out there's significant content that is exclusive to Kickstarter backers (quests, ships, …).

I don't know why some developers keep doing crap like this.
We're not talking about a different hat, or a different pants colour, we are talking about quests, that only a portion of the players may play.
Is it that hard to understand that it's extremely easy to miss on a Kickstarter campaign? Why punish people for this? They could, for example, make this content available for a higher price tag, thus rewarding the early investment of Kickstarter backers. Instead, they choose this option.

What is considered significant content....?

I'm not sure bregrudging a company that rewards its backers in order to get something made is the right answer here.

What is considered significant content….?

I'm not sure bregrudging a company that rewards its backers in order to get something made is the right answer here.
Surely, you can reward your backers without punishing those who will pay full price on release day.
It's so easy to miss out on a Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign, with so many around at any given time. Is it in any way fair that, those who miss a crowdfunding effort, end up being unable to play certain quests?

There's so many things that can be done with rewards, that don't involve in-game content. And even if they go for in-game content, they could do cosmetic items, instead of what this game, and some other did: exclusive quests/episodes, exclusive characters, and more.

If this was a publisher, and certain quests were made available as pre-order DLC only, people would go berserk about this. Sadly, when it comes to Kickstarter, some of these things are becoming accepted.

Surely, you can reward your backers without punishing those who will pay full price on release day.
It's so easy to miss out on a Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign, with so many around at any given time. Is it in any way fair that, those who miss a crowdfunding effort, end up being unable to play certain quests?

There's so many things that can be done with rewards, that don't involve in-game content. And even if they go for in-game content, they could do cosmetic items, instead of what this game, and some other did: exclusive quests/episodes, exclusive characters, and more.

If this was a publisher, and certain quests were made available as pre-order DLC only, people would go berserk about this. Sadly, when it comes to Kickstarter, some of these things are becoming accepted.

What is being withheld? You never answered that...

What is being withheld? You never answered that…
It's on the Kickstarter page:
-SPECIAL IN GAME STAR SHIP + SPECIAL QUEST (In addition to the above rewards, you are able to unlock a special quest resulting in a very special alien star ship)

It's on the Kickstarter page:
-SPECIAL IN GAME STAR SHIP + SPECIAL QUEST (In addition to the above rewards, you are able to unlock a special quest resulting in a very special alien star ship)

That's it? That is significant to you?

That's it? That is significant to you?
It sure is. A quest is significant to me. And a ship as well.

If you don't think so, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Again, if this was EA, or Ubisoft pulling crap like this, people would surely care. Since this is a small team that locks content behind a $74+ price tag, it's perfectly fine.

Well, given that they might not have been financed without that extra reward (it is unsure how much extra such a special reward actually pulls in), I don't see the problem.

It sure is. A quest is significant to me. And a ship as well.

If you don't think so, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Again, if this was EA, or Ubisoft pulling crap like this, people would surely care. Since this is a small team that locks content behind a $74+ price tag, it's perfectly fine.

I guess...but they are charging 10 dollars here....

I've played it....it's definitely cool...Currently has some rough edges with UI, but it feels very interesting.

It has a bit of humor involved and it starts off way different then I thought it would....

It plays a lot like a real time worker placement. You have to move guys to man tactical, navigational etc to get systems on the ship to work. I haven't played enough to say much else yet, other then it has a certain charm to it.

End of the day, 10 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom