VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v7.4

You've got to respect the commitment of the VtM fans to pump out these patches year after year. I briefly played the original but it was too buggy, so it got buried in a box somewhere. One of these days I hope to find the time to play the patched version… but between Witcher 2, Risen 2, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dungeon Siege 3, and Skyrim… I doubt it'll be this year.

Dude, dig that sucker out now and play it. Those major bugs when it was first released are ancient history.

It's one the best RPGs I've ever played. I was surprised by how much I did enjoy it considering that I hated, at first, that they went with a first person viewpoint.

WESP is the man when it comes to VTM: Bloodlines. I am still amazed that he is able to update this game after so many years. I would have gotten distracted by some shiny new game.

Yeah, I have the game as well, packed away in some boxes, I think, not even sure if I still have them or not or even if they are still in good condition. I'm going to wait till Steam has it on sale for less then $10 and I'll re buy it then. I haven't bought a physical version of a game since 2006, all my games have been through Steam or Direct 2 Drive, and I have quit playing all my physical version games around that same time, so I haven't seen the disks to VtM in 5 years.

But yeah, I am very impressed that patches are still being made for this game.

I haven't played this since release either, but I'm pretty sure I beat it. It's on my list to replay someday but I have not gotten around to it yet. I downloaded a "final patch" a while back for it... I guess that was from a different modder?

I know I want the one that makes as little changes to the game as possible.

Dude, dig that sucker out now and play it. Those major bugs when it was first released are ancient history.

It's one the best RPGs I've ever played. I was surprised by how much I did enjoy it considering that I hated, at first, that they went with a first person viewpoint.

WESP is the man when it comes to VTM: Bloodlines. I am still amazed that he is able to update this game after so many years. I would have gotten distracted by some shiny new game.

you made me re-watch video.. I finished it two or three time and I alway splayed it 3rd person.. I did not even remmember we could go first person

It's even designed to played in third person so i dont know what he's talking about, he's probaby drunk :p you can play in first person too though, but third person made more sense to me when i was playing it..

Got to try this game again soon :)

First, I have to mention this:

picture.php

It may be designed to be played in third-person, but it rocks in 1st person ;) It's been awhile since I replayed, but I spent most of my time in the first person point of view except when I was using melee. Actually, it forces you into the 3rd person when using melee weapons.

On my first playthough I did the haunted mansion in first person pov and it scared the living hell out of me. I would highly recommend playing it in FP the first time round. Not just for that part of the game either. The immersion of seeing this world through the eyes of the character really does add a lot to the game.

First, I have to mention this:

On my first playthough I did the haunted mansion in first person pov and it scared the living hell out of me. I would highly recommend playing it in FP the first time round. Not just for that part of the game either. The immersion of seeing this world through the eyes of the character really does add a lot to the game.

Oh man I hated the mansion level - in a good way. It was an extremely well-designed level and was just one example of how immersive the game's atmosphere could be.

It's kind of funny looking back on my first time going through the level. When I first walked into the mansion and saw the chandeliers moving, I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, "this is going to be an extremely cheesy attempt at horror"…and then the level truly began. Judging from the soil-level of my pants after I finally beat the level, I was clearly wrong for underestimating just how far Troika would go to make each and every quest incredibly unique and immersive.

exactly
actually i've never felt a game has more fluidly moved between 1st and 3rd person perspectives. most actions in the game world occur in 1st person: lockpicking for example. even speech causes you to jump to 1st person though there are many of times where it shows your character regardless. sneaking though is a must in 3rd person. honestly i think i'd pay a couple of hundred dollars for a worth sequel to the game. i'm sure of gotten that much enjoyment out of bloodlines over the years. heres hoping obsidian gets the rights to it someday...

Why would you think that? With the exception of melee combat, I thought it felt more natural in first-person.

Because of the melee it feelt most natural in third person imo, getting attacked by more than one enemy in first person will give you a big disadvantage.. It's like playing Gothic2 in first person, it works, but hardly optimal or designed with it in mind in the first place.

I still dont get why he says he hated it because they went with first person view since it's just not true :) it even zooms out automatically to third person if you decided not to use it, in some situations, exception is when talking for obvious reasons..

I should clarify since you don't "get it". I hated it when I heard about a VTM game being made with the half-life 2 engine and being first person.

What I played was spectacular.

Although you are dead wrong. I played it in first person with only jumping to 3rd when sneaking, melee or being forced to by the computer. I guess it is some kind of hybrid using both 1st and 3rd person POVs to great effect.

yeah it works great for some situations, i don't disagree with that.

first or third person isnt restricted to the engine, but ok, i get what you mean then :)

Back
Top Bottom