Skyrim - Hunting the Dark Brotherhood @ IGN

They should include a guild there which is named "RPGWatch" ! :lol:

I pre-ordered from JB online this time. We'll see how that works out. I really don't understand why we should pay SO much more than our US friends!!

That was it. Thanks.

I liked the houses in Morrowind and the Clerical quests. Hope they throw in some different guilds this time around. Just something to mix it up a bit.

That was it. Thanks.

I liked the houses in Morrowind and the Clerical quests. Hope they throw in some different guilds this time around. Just something to mix it up a bit.

Well there's the faction related quests centered around the civil war. The Stormcloaks are one of the factions of the rebellion and I think the battle-born are another (although all that has been said about them is that they're enemies of the Stormcloaks.) There is also a pro-imperial faction lead by General Tullius (Micheal Hogan). One of the previews mentioned a quest to join the Stormcloaks, so its possible you can join various factions associated with the Skyrim rebellion or opposed to it.

Riften is controlled by what sound like a sort of mafia-like group of thugs called the Black-Briars. They extort a "visitor tax" for people entering the city. Not sure if its a joinable/quest-giving faction or maybe being set up as a rival to the theive's guild or the companions. Riften is the city that Berenziah fled to and I beleive where she joined the theive's guild, so there's a possibility they're working that into the conflict there.

There's also the Bard's College in solitude. Not sure if it's a joinable faction or how it will play into things. Solitude has been set up as a historic traditional rival of Winterhold, so it is possible the Bard's College and the College of Winterhold may be set up as rival factions as well.

It does seem like they're setting up a sort of political rivalry between at least some of the holds and within some of the cities. At the very least there is the civil war involving the Stormcloaks, the pro-Imperial forces, and the Battle-born. In that way it sounds like they did look back to Morrowind and each city isn't going to feel like something that exists in a vacuum.

Last edited:
Scratch what I said previously - apparently I fail at reading. They did already do a quakecon package deal this year and there was a tie-in with Skyrim ($20 off the package if you purchased Skyrim or Rage). So yeah every Bethsoft/iD game on steam, including New Vegas, for 55.99 if you ordered it with a Skyrim pre-order. Wouldn't have saved you any money on Skyrim, but that would be a good deal for people who didn't already own a lot of those games.

Unfortunately it looks like that was just August 4th-8th.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5990/

http://finalbossfight.co.uk/index.p...-quakecon-pack-2011-34-pieces-content-a49-99/

They repeat the quakecon package every year in August and again for a couple of days at the end of December during Steam's end of year sale.

I've purchased it twice. (once as a gift)

Every time they do it, they add new titles and DLC to the package.

They repeat the quakecon package every year in August and again for a couple of days at the end of December during Steam's end of year sale.

I've purchased it twice. (once as a gift)

Every time they do it, they add new titles and DLC to the package.

Ah last year I thought the holiday Bethesda package did not include iD games -

Bethesda Pack – £44.99
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Fallout 3 [Goatee Edition]
Fallout: New Vegas
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind [Goatee Edition]
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [Goatee Edition] (not Deluxe edition though, so it is missing some DLC)

http://savygamer.co.uk/2010/12/20/steam-sale-everything-in-on-place/

Back
Top Bottom