Afganistan d20.

Andhaira

Sentinel
So, anyone play this? Or at least read through it?

It was released in 2002, at the height of the d20 craze. Also, the height of the war in Afghanistan, which had just recently begun at that time.

This sourcebook has brand new core classes, as well as brand new prestige classes. One of the PRCs is Terrorist Leader, whose 10th level ability is called "Master of Terror".

Mercifully, it appears the Afgans are treated with some degree of respect. There is apparently a lot of info on Afghan tribes and culture (though how much is accurate is anyones guess). Blissfully, there are no racial differences in playing an American or an Afghan. They both even choose the same classes.

However, the main advantage Americans get in combat is high tech weapons (lotsa weapons in this book) as well as the technician skill which allows them to call in air strikes (takes 10 minutes). You can call in an airstrike of a "Daisy Cutter" bomb which does 100d20 damage. Yeah, you can import this into your regular D&D game if you want.

Man, I wonder why Obsidian didn't pick up the license for this puppy when they had the chance. Who gives a fuck about Alpha Protokol? You could have had the ruleset of Afghanistan d20 and played on the American side or the Afgan side.

(This book is now apparently available for free on the web, legally AFAIK. Not 100% on this so just google it.)

Use machetes instead. The game has rules for that, I am sure. Including rules for beheadings.

Why don't you get a group together and play as Afghan Freedom Fighters, seeking to free their country from the yoke of the oppresive firangis and restore the rule of blessed Sharia Law, and the rightful restoration of the Emirate?

From my experience with D&D3, Modern d20, Call of Cthulhu d20, Star Wars d20 and Star Wars SAGA the d20 system was horrible when it came to ranged combat, it's clearly made for melee. Star Wars SAGA isn't d20 though and it does ranged combat very well.

From my experience with D&D3, Modern d20, Call of Cthulhu d20, Star Wars d20 and Star Wars SAGA the d20 system was horrible when it came to ranged combat, it's clearly made for melee.

Exactly. d20 is even creaky with bows and such.

Back
Top Bottom