The case of Hotline Miami 2

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Never heard about this game.
What I've heard about is that it's yet another game that got banned in Australia.

But then things get crazy.

http://torrentfreak.com/hotline-miami-2-censored-so-pirate-it-devs-say-150116/
Reddit user Max Cartwright who wrote to Jonatan Söderström, co-creator of Hotline Miami, expressing disappointment at the game being banned.

“As you obviously are aware, Hotline Miami 2 has been refused classification in Australia. This killed me, knowing that there is no legitimate way to purchase one of my most anticipated games,” Cartwright began.

“My question to you is, how would you, as the developer, most prefer me to obtain your game? I was thinking maybe I could torrent it and donate to you directly, but I’m not a fan of torrenting games and I don’t want to get in legal trouble.”

Söderström responded, and it was everything Cartwright could’ve hoped for.

If it ends up not being released in Australia, just pirate it after release,” Söderström said. “No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game!”
Seems it's genuine answer:
https://twitter.com/ForkParker/status/555840176199860225

If you live in Australia you don't have to move to India and earn millions by black marketing DA3.
You have another title to earn a pension on your home ground. Lucky you.

Now... What exactly is the game about, does anyone actually know except those australian silly censors?

Yes, I know it well, it is a Swedish game after all. It is about being a serial killer with a hooker as girlfriend and wearing different masks when killing people. I think he kills mostly Mafia guys though.

One of the purposes is actually to raise awareness about violence in media….. I didn't play it as it doesn't sound like my kind of game, but apparently the story is rather unique.

Last edited:
So it was like OMG there is a rape scene in a game, ban it!
I guess none of those aussie censors ever saw a movie or read a book with rape scenes.

Back
Top Bottom