Massive Chalice released

Khayyin

Watchdog
The Kickstarter game Massive Chalice was released. Its a turn based tactical combat game. Has anyone already played it and can share his opinion? This game has me interested but I quite dislike the graphic style.

XCom + Breeding Sim... that does sound interesting.

Reviews for the game are very positive.So could it be that Double finaly made real game.Don't get me wrong I liked their games, Deathspank and Costume quest where funny and cute and Broken age was really charming but they where just short pastime.They haven't made "big" game since Brutal legend.

Played it a bit. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Combat feels a bit simplistic and could really do with more variety (more unit types, more interaction with terrain), though the foundation is solid. The breeding aspects and the whole "strategic" part feels underdeveloped.

Overall, not a bad game, but it reminds me of Black & white: Several great ideas, oversold by the developer, all of them feel underdeveloped and the game lacks depth. Worth picking up on a major sale, but not at full price.

I would need to play it more to see if things change later on, but I just don't feel like doing so. And when you don't feel like playing a game anymore, that's not a good sign. Still, I guess there will be people who can overlook the games flaws, and get some enjoyment out of it because it is not a broken game or anything like that, but I would not say it's worth risking 20€ on that gamble.

Played it a bit. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Combat feels a bit simplistic and could really do with more variety (more unit types, more interaction with terrain), though the foundation is solid. The breeding aspects and the whole "strategic" part feels underdeveloped.

Overall, not a bad game, but it reminds me of Black & white: Several great ideas, oversold by the developer, all of them feel underdeveloped and the game lacks depth. Worth picking up on a major sale, but not at full price.

I would need to play it more to see if things change later on, but I just don't feel like doing so. And when you don't feel like playing a game anymore, that's not a good sign. Still, I guess there will be people who can overlook the games flaws, and get some enjoyment out of it because it is not a broken game or anything like that, but I would not say it's worth risking 20€ on that gamble.

Exactly how I felt. I didnt get into the breeding aspect much yet, but even that part felt a bit, um, casual and simplistic I guess you could say. Combat is very very much like XCOM as noted everywhere else, but even that was pretty sterile after a few battles.

Perhaphs it opens up a bit more later in the game? I dunno, but like Fnord said, its not a bad game, its just a bit simplistic IMHO. I had fun with it for a few hours before it became alittle "samey"

What a pity this seems underdeveloped. A sort of fantasy Xcom sounds awesome.

I couldn't help it, after so many reviews say it's great.After 5 hours of active play I decided to uninstall it.
Every part of the game is lacking depth.It feels like second rate Xcom clone.I wanted to believe Double fine finally made good game but sadly I have to agree with Fnord, Tim Schafer is new Molyneux.

Back
Top Bottom