A *good* free gamepad mapper

Thaurin

SasqWatch
Does anybody use a GOOD, free gamepad mapper? Everybody swears by JoyToKey, but to me it's close to useless. The mapping doesn't always work right, I have to figure out what button does what (no Xbox 360 template, or whatever) and it feels unfinished. In fact, ALL mappers feel programmed by a hobbyist in their basements and then left unfinished. The good ones are all payed.

I don't feel like paying for something like this. I could probably make it myself, given some time.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I understand that Xpadder used to be free, but is now a paid-for application. I just seems to me that an application like this is in demand and relatively trivial enough to develop. I guess developing GOOD software is always a big undertaking.

If anybody's interested, I downloaded a (presumably) older version of Xpadder here that is still free and *hopefully* not laden with viruses, and after setting compatibility mode to Windows Vista (Windows 7 apparently not supported), it seems to work fine. So that's that. Now I can play The Binding of Isaac with the gamepad. :)

Back
Top Bottom