Promising news DA to have 120+ hrs of game play

leth

Sentinel
VG247 posted this news bit

“On one of the play-throughs I spent 120 hours,” said the exec, speaking at GamesCom last week.

“Two hours a day for 60 days, 90 percent of the game, according to the telemetry. And I loved it. Every minute of it.”

Muzyka is fortunate in that his marriage involves him sleeping less than his spouse.

DA really is looking better and better all the time. I can't wait to sink 200+ hours into it like I did for BG2 :blush:

Well, considering they are touting the expandability with all the tools, I would expect it to be far, far longer than 120 hours, in fact, limited only by how many adventures and mods you download from the internet (sorry Xbox players)

That's not necessarily a good thing. We should be more worried about whether or not it's the type of game that can actually be fun for that long.

Im not sure I want to play it that long. It could easily get boring if it goes up to hundred hours. Also to strecth content that wide it could mean that quality was compromised.

To me it seems like 120+ hours of story driven game play. This is different from just have infinite hours of replayability, like Oblivion, which has a very short main quest line.
I have high hope that this game will be more like BG2 than Oblivion. Yeah I am an optimist, I try to be at least, I have plenty of time to be pessimistic of everything else in life :p

How many hours did BG2 have (minus expansion)?

That depends, I think I spent close to 100, and I did every side quest for the party members I chose to keep. I didn't do any side quests for any of the evil NPCs though.

It's very difficult for a game to stay exciting for that long, BG 1&2 are among the few games that manage to pull it off.

I can't recall what the 'main quest' was in terms of time anymore ... was it ~40-ish hours? My concern in this X360-centric world is how much games wrap themselves around these pathetic 'Achievememnts' as a way to keep you playing.

My concern in this X360-centric world is how much games wrap themselves around these pathetic 'Achievememnts' as a way to keep you playing.
1250756517335.jpg

Turns me off to be honest. Would take me a month to get through the game if I play 4 hours per day, and I do not have that much time to spare on a game anymore. There are more than one game on the market.

I trust my instincts, and my instincts tell me that the majority of gamers here on the Watch will get through DA in 60 hours or less. Just the main story, mind you, and not the OCD extras - but the average time for a relatively thorough playthrough.

Who's taking bets? :)

Turns me off to be honest. Would take me a month to get through the game if I play 4 hours per day, and I do not have that much time to spare on a game anymore. There are more than one game on the market.

Then why not spend two months? I'm figuring that the games coming out around now that I want to play (Alpha Protocol, Venetica, Dragon Age, Risen) are enough to keep me busy for the next YEAR.

Which is also cool, because I figure they'll run great on my current machine, and I won't have to be upgrading it.

Then why not spend two months? I'm figuring that the games coming out around now that I want to play (Alpha Protocol, Venetica, Dragon Age, Risen) are enough to keep me busy for the next YEAR.

Because that would keep him from posting in the "Last game you finished" thread every 48 hours....

I probably should as well, but it's a long time betweenevery time I finish a game (I play too much MMO's and I like to explore everywhere, and I have too many games). What I realy would like is a "Last game you started, tell us about it" thread.

I probably should as well, but it's a long time betweenevery time I finish a game (I play too much MMO's and I like to explore everywhere, and I have too many games). What I realy would like is a "Last game you started, tell us about it" thread.

Go make one then!

Back
Top Bottom