What do you have for breakfast and lunch?

O

Omega

Countries and cultures vary; dinner (at least in the western world) may not be that different, I guess. But I think breakfast and lunch vary a lot across the world. I'd like to get some insight, preferably with pictures because, well, take bread, a lot of variety there, the size may differ and the way it's eaten too. But if you can't find any pictures a short enumeration is fine.

So, what'll you have for breakfast and lunch on an ordinary day?

Me:
In the morning one slice of whole-wheat bread, covered with, for instance, cottage cheese and some cucumber and radish slices. No butter on the bread. At the end it looks a bit like this, or, better, this. I drink some glasses with tea, no sugar, no milk (nobody takes milk in the tea in my country), and eat an apple.

Lunch: again one slice of whole-wheat bread, covered with, for instance, a boiled egg cut to pieces on top of it. No butter on the bread. The egg: no salt, some pepper, some tarragon. Again tea. Later a mandarin and/or a grapefruit.

Slices of bread with some topping is what most people take in my country, at breakfast and lunch. Most spread some butter or margarine on the slice before adding a topping. Toppings like cheese, ham, chocolate sprinkles, peanut butter, jam or chocolate spread. Here's a lot of examples.
Some people drink some kind of milk product instead of tea at breakfast and most Dutch simply can not survive without coffee (be it black/sugar/milk), especially at ten o'clock in the morning (and eight in the evening). I used to drink it a lot too but my stomach didn't seem to enjoy the coffee that well. :(

Edit:
O, most people drink their coffee in a mug, not a (tiny) cup. (That 'don' thing is unusual though, far too big)

Last edited:
I usually eat a Brötchen for breakfast, normally accompanied by a cup of tea, a mug, ususually.

Sometimes it's tea, but I really prefer coffee, not strong one, though.

Different kinds of Brötchen : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brötchen
And more pictures : http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Bread_rolls?uselang=de

The main Brötchen here around Cologne look like the "Kaisersemmel" (SEmmel is another word for BRötchen, used rather in south germany) and like to be seen o the picture called "zwei Brötchen" at the very end of the list via the second link.

If I don't have any BRötchen at hand, I eat toates bread ("Toastbrot") or normal bread.

We have quite a variety of bread here : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brot
There have recently been mde attempts to let the German variety of bread become protected as "immaterial culture goods" by the UNESCO; I don't know how far they went with that, however.

The bottom note :

Satire : Bernd, das Brot : http://www.brot-bernd.de/englisch/

I am 33 years old and I learned how to eat breakfast this february. Prior to that coffee was all I consumed in the mornings.

Nowadays I have a bowl of oatmeal with lowfat milk, a protein shake and some coffee.

I also eat 6-7 times per day, often nothing more than a fiber-rich sandwich with lowfat soft cheese or a protein shake.

I usually cook two meals at a time, either at eleven pm or five pm. This is usually spagetthi and meatsauce.

I am weightlifting four times a week. The protein, the frequent meals and the larger meals is now essential to keep me going throughout the day.

I am weightlifting four times a week

Kobolds for breakfast, Orcs for lunch.

It depends how much time I have for breakfast. Usually something small like a bowl of cereal, or sometimes fruit.

For lunch I almost always eat out, which is a very poor habit. I've been too lazy lately to take the time to prepare my own lunches.

Large cups of tea for breakfast, warmed up leftovers for lunch. Evening meals are usually fancy or complex as we all love to cook.

Large cups of tea for breakfast, warmed up leftovers for lunch. Evening meals are usually fancy or complex as we all love to cook.
Except on Saturdays, when our dear Corwin is continuously put on starvation rations by Peter the Slave-Driving Paladin.

I'm the perfectly unhealthy person.

When I get up at 5, I drink two glasses of water; later, around 7, I drink a glass of milk with honey, then I leave for work. Around 8 I drink a mug of coffee; the rest depends on my plans for the rest of the day. If I go for a walk during lunch break, I'll have a roll with liver loaf or something similar for breakfast (no lunch then, with the exception of a donut). If I won't go for a walk during lunch break, I'll have no breakfast or perhaps a roll with nothing on top.
Lunch (if I have lunch) is your typical cafeteria food, washed down with water and covered by another mug of coffee. I drink tea (mostly Rooibush) and water over the course of the day, and when I get home, I'll have whatever hubby prepared - bread, cheese and cold cuts mostly.

In the weekends, things look differently. Hubby forces me to have breakfast: orange juice, milk with honey, two slices of toast with hazelnut spread or a slice of pepperoni, or cereals. On Sundays we sometimes have seafood in the morning to accompany the toast: herrings, wakame, prawns etc.

http://www.kashi.com/products/golean_original
for going around 3 years now for breakfast with soy milk. occasionaly i'll substitute with an energy bar (cliff bar usually). and then usually one day on the weekend i'll have a full breakfast with either eggs, or a crossaint, bagel etc.

lunch i usually go out and grab a sandwich, gyro, or some ethiopan food.

dinner is whatvever my lovely wife makes, leftovers, or going out ~once a week

oh and i drink a lot of water and copious amount of tea hot or cold depending on the season.

usually have a red bull as well between 1 and 2pm in the afternoon being the first caffiene of the day. tea when i get home.

Well, what I eat depends on the mood and day.

For a normal day breakfast: three or four slices of bread, an egg, mango or other yoghurt, müsli, cheese, butter, tea, rosehip soup ( love this, and very very good for health too ): http://farm1.static.flickr.com/49/165940597_92fb2a950c.jpg?v=0

yesterday I had a frosh: http://iris.bloggsida.se/files/2010/08/frosh.jpg

an insane fruit drink… it containes one pear, one apple, 17 blueberries, one strawberry, some juice from orange. Nothing else added……

Lunch: weekdays eat out at a fancy place with lots of food and 5 fine full meals to choose from. Ussually different ones every day of the year.

Weekend… ussually cook something.

Dinner: One of my favourites is the sunday steak… it takes forever to make in the oven…. but it taste delicious and very cheap price for fine meat too… with sauce potatoes and vegetables.

Other meals: Fruit… pineapple chips, vegetables, snacks, sausage.. etc.

hmmm…. it is really strange I am so thin….

Whehn I was young, I was often eating Müsli and cereals, too.

But since several years I notice a kind of … what's the word ? I don't have the Enzyms anmore to digest Lactose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose which leads to an aching after too much of milk. Thousands of years that was normal, by the way, not to be able to digest Lactose …

To me this means I must go to other products. Soy "milk", for example.

I made a custom for myself to at least once in a day eat something warm - and if it is only soup. That's just enough for me, as long as it fills my stomach and it is warm. ;)

But we just don't eat warm meals for breatfast. That's just uncommon here in Germany.

Hmm, strange that there were not more replies to this thread... it would be interesting to know what people eat in different parts of the rpgwatch world.

I agree. ;)

I always love learning about other cultures ! :)

Whehn I was young, I was often eating Müsli and cereals, too.

But since several years I notice a kind of … what's the word ? I don't have the Enzyms anmore to digest Lactose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose which leads to an aching after too much of milk. Thousands of years that was normal, by the way, not to be able to digest Lactose …
Are you saying you're a throwback to our ancient ancestors?

Morning: Cup of coffee
Lunch: McDonalds
Home I have big pot of minced-meat soup with potatoes and vegetables but I dont touch that until evening.

Usually though I eat piece of ryebread with coffee on morning and "home"-style meals like potatoes, reindeer-meat and salad in the nearby lunch-place.

hmmm…. it is really strange I am so thin….
I thought so too when I was in my 20s. :/

Usually have muesli with plain yohgurt and a bit of honey for breakfast, then a cup of decent coffee when I get to work. Lunch is usually sandwiches (today some gruyere cheese with mini rosa tomatoes which I will toast on rye bread ;-) and some fruit. Not a very traditional 'african' meal...

Thanks zakhal and booboo.
Usually have muesli with plain yohgurt and a bit of honey for breakfast, then a cup of decent coffee when I get to work. Lunch is usually sandwiches (today some gruyere cheese with mini rosa tomatoes which I will toast on rye bread ;-) and some fruit. Not a very traditional 'african' meal…

What's a traditional 'african' meal?

I almost never ate breakfast in the past, but since I started lifting weights 1.5 years ago - I've had to change that. Since I often don't eat lunch either, I was way too tired when returning from work and I had to change that around - so I had the necessary energy for motivation.

So, I generally eat a bowl of oatmeal with one tablespoon of sugar, and half a banana. Add some lowfat milk. Good for 500-600 calories.

During work, I drink coffee and eat 2-3 pieces of fruit.

That's on workdays.

Back
Top Bottom