Witcher 3 Share your first impressions

The Witcher 3
Uh, it wasn't an early plan. It was part of the marketing busllshit 6 months before release. I am amazed at how tone deaf this community is to broken CDP promises, but jack all over US releases when they do the same thing…

Yes, because the anti-US conspiracy is alive and well here at the Watch!

Get real...

OMG not this X files conspiracies again please.

Unlike prerelease versions, the release version doesn't have 2000 openable doors in Novigrad.
The masterkey/skeletonkey was removed from the game release for undisclosed reason and many doors, not just in Novigrad, remain locked.

Uh, it wasn't an early plan. It was part of the marketing busllshit 6 months before release. I am amazed at how tone deaf this community is to broken CDP promises, but jack all over US releases when they do the same thing…

6 months before release is a long time. No doubt they thought then (or when the marketing material was written, probably a lot earlier) that it would be in the game, but let it go later either because of time constraints or just because it was a totally unnecessary feature. That is something that happens in almost every software project - including many that I have been involved with. We don't plan to decieve, it is just that designs evolve - right up to the time of release. Also the marketing guys don't always have the right picture or even necessarily understand the picture they do have - sad, but true.

Finally finished it over the weekend. Some minor annoyances aside I loved every minute. I haven't read the books so like a lot of posters on an Irish forum I frequent we were amused by the Irishness of Skellige. All of the NPCs spoke with a Northern Irish accent (not a Scottish accent as I noticed some reviews thought) but looked like Vikings so it's an interesting combo. There is also a real Island off the Irish coast called Skellig Michael which I'm guessing was an inspiration for the name too. Finally in the Irish language we have a phrase "Céad Míle Failte". A hundred (Céad) thousand (Míle) Welcomes (Failte) commonly used as a greeting. In Witcher they seem to have taken a part of that and many NPCs can be heard to say "ceadmile" for hello which is amusing to someone like me who still remembers some Irish from school in that they are saying simply "A hundred thousand" to me without the important welcome part.

Back
Top Bottom