High on Mt. Sinai

Eliaures

Watchdog
Moses was stoned when he talked to the "burning bush" and brought the 10 Commandments from atop Mt. Sinai according to this article in The Guardian.

This would explain a lot of The Bible for me. ;)

Oh yeah.....

Or, perhaps, this could explain there're a lot of drug addicted persons out there who think religion it's easy to explain by stupid and futile explanations.....:rolleyes:

Please, I think we can't find simple explanations for the existence of God using human methods or trying to reduce everything this way.:-/

It's so unfair, some peoples puffing on some crack got thrown into jail or rehab...

Rumor has it that the march thru the desert was when they were looking for Woodstock.

Heh, heh. Good, I'm glad some of you got the idea that this was posted with a sense of mirth. I gather that most religions have some sort of drug induced spiritualism somewhere in their past. Personally, I think it humanizes The Bible which I guess to a fundamentalist or evangelical is a bit heretical.

Well, it kinda makes sense! Archeologists still haven't managed to find a single trace of Exodus. Maybe it was just a "trip" and not an Exodus at all? :)

Ill go for the more supported theory that Moses never existed.

The theory that "Manna" or "Bread from Heaven" are Magic Mushrooms is hilarious though.

Heh, heh. Good, I'm glad some of you got the idea that this was posted with a sense of mirth. I gather that most religions have some sort of drug induced spiritualism somewhere in their past. Personally, I think it humanizes The Bible which I guess to a fundamentalist or evangelical is a bit heretical.

Some people believe that St. John of Patmos may have been on some psychedelic fungus that, apparently, often infected stored grain at the time. Revelations sure reads like a really bad trip...

Well, the mystical and the spiritual are a valid expression of the unknowable in the human psyche and the cosmos--Revelations has also always seemed to me very similar to a drug induced vision (and I've listened to a few of them back in the day)-- just as the Song of Solomon reads like pure poetry. They're part of the human experience.

Reminds me of the controversy over the author of The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge--and whether his purported apprenticeship to a peyote-ingesting shaman was nothing more than a sham, or if even if it was a sham it had a deeper philosophical truth.

Well, the mystical and the spiritual are a valid expression of the unknowable in the human psyche and the cosmos--Revelations has also always seemed to me very similar to a drug induced vision (and I've listened to a few of them back in the day)-- just as the Song of Solomon reads like pure poetry. They're part of the human experience.

LOL magerette and so is delusional. :)

If you mean I am delusional--frequently, but it's not drug-induced. Just natural ability. :)

If you mean being delusional is also part of the human experience, I can't argue with that.

Of course I didn't mean you magerette.

Of course I didn't mean you magerette.

Wait awhile--you may change your mind. After all, I frequently forget things like how many states are in my country, not to mention lots of other little details. I've pretty much learned to live with it. ;)

(I was just being silly earlier also. :))

I heard this awhile back:

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Was William Shakespeare partial to a good deal more than a pinch of tobacco while composing his sonnets?

While there is no proof the bard delved into narcotics, clay pipe fragments excavated from his Stratford-upon-Avon home and of the 17th century period show conclusively that cocaine and myristic acid -- a hallucinogenic derived from plants, including nutmeg -- were smoked in Shakespeare's England.

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/news/shakespeare1.htm

Back
Top Bottom