The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - Official Announcement

"One million copies sold" That is going to their head lol. I thought the game was boring as hell, I deleted it after 10 hours of play time.

Either way, whatever DRM they come up with will be useless and cracked within a day of release, so I'm not sure what's the point in delaying that long for something that will serve no purpose.

The way I understood Atari's plans is that Atari is not simply developing a DRM scheme but they are actually planning on a full-fledged online distribution service (that will include DRM, yes). I'm pretty sure that Atari can't pull off a Steam with their current resources but I would expect something like a mini version of Steam from them. Stuff like that just takes a hell of a lot of time as there's not just development but also a lot of business (legal, financial etc.) considerations to be made and preparations to be taken.
Mysteries of Westgate seems to have fallen "victim" to becoming one of the premier titles to be distributed via that platform. Who cares? It'll be out eventually. Use a little patience ;) .

Patience? No. I'm actually not interested in MoW; I was only using it as an example for Atari's incompetence. Come to think of it, Atari isn't in the best of shapes financially, is it?

"One million copies sold" That is going to their head lol. I thought the game was boring as hell, I deleted it after 10 hours of play time.

Good thing their business plans do not, in fact, hinge on the opinions of a random nobody on the Internet.

Atari has recovered. Two years ago they were almost dead.

Back
Top Bottom