Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar #75

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Another week, another update for Shroud of the Avatar. This weeks update brings us information on the following topics:

• Release 6 Perspectives
  • Blade of the Avatar: The Final Chapter
  • Release 7 and Q3 Update
  • Royal Founder Rewards
  • Founder Teachable Emotes
  • Through the Lunar Rift!
  • Wood & Plaster 3-Story with Open Floor Plan Village Home
  • Plantronics Partnership
  • Alienware $20 Pledge Upgrade Coupons
  • Upcoming Events
More information.

I still don't get it. Where's:
- quests
- npc schedules
- world interaction
?

At some point they're going to offer those things, right?

I still don't get it. Where's:
- quests
- npc schedules
- world interaction
?

At some point they're going to offer those things, right?

The focus of the game during development seems to have taken a sharp turn from how it was originally pitched (spiritual successor to single player Ultima 7 with some multi player aspects).

While I am a backer, I stopped following development on this game and while I'm skeptical I'm still hoping it will be fun. But there has most definitely been a major shift into multiplayer/mmo and player housing which is unfortunate.

Haven't you all paid any attention to Garriots comments on gaming in the last 20 years? Every interview he talks about online gaming and social interaction. He says stuff like we only had single player turnbased games because we were limited by the tech back in the day. Its like he is clueless why people love the old ultimas and what made those games great. It looks like so far exactly what I would expect from him. I think the single player stuff was pitched as an add on to try and get backers to make more money. As a huge ultima fanboy I wanna be wrong but all the evidence points to me being right.

What I have seen so far the game looks like people will go around looking at each others cool houses and decorations, with a little crafting thrown In. I think I saw one update regarding a quest.

Ultima 3 through 6 were just brilliant but some of the stuff he says now make me wonder if he was just lucky. You can't be lucky and create 4 or 5 great games In a row can you?

Yeah, I could tell this one was going to head that way. I knew because I fell for it with Star Citizen, which also played up single player during its KS campaign and then took an immediate 180-degree turn. I read somewhere someone talking about how you have to emphasize single player when doing a Kickstarter, because the market there is skewed in that direction — advice Garriott and Star Citizen obviously took. They were both chummy during their campaigns, too. I know Star Citizen offered some sort of Ultima axe for boarding operations as an incentive, and I think it worked the other way, too.

Back
Top Bottom