Fallout 3 - Preview @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Also at Eurogamer is a preview of Fallout: New Vegas.
So then: enhanced weapons, more useful companions, a new factions system, cheerier visuals... In short, New Vegas looks set to be more of an evolution of the Fallout series than a revolution. Not that fans of the previous game will be complaining, of course, and not to discount these changes and new features. Judging by what we've seen so far, they've been conscientiously thought through, and sit comfortably within the framework which made Fallout 3 such a success. This may not be Fallout as you've never seen it before, but it's certainly Vegas as you've never seen it, and exploring this world looks like being an awful lot of fun.
More information.

Freudian slip? You've marked the article as a 'Fallout 3' preview, with even the Fallout 3 box art at the left :p

He's obviously trying to forget that Bethesda's Fallout 3 ever happened. Let the man have a moment of happiness..

I really enjoyed my 100+ hours in the Fallout 3 universe. I think I'll take a break from it this holiday season, though, and try one of the lesser-known RPGs coming out instead.

I really enjoyed my 100+ hours in the Fallout 3 universe. I think I'll take a break from it this holiday season, though, and try one of the lesser-known RPGs coming out instead.

I agree with you. New Vegas is nothing more than a glorified mod. No ground- breaking changes have been made. Why should we be so pumped up about a game that's already several years old?

To be honest, the flak Obsidian has taken over Alpha Protocol has turned me off a bit, too. Vegas used to be my most-anticipated RPG of the holiday season. Now it's just another contender, and other games feel fresher.

I finished AP after the first playthrough again just to see different endings/moments and the game didn't disappoint.

AP > ME/ME2 > Anything Bethesda has done in this life..

EDIT: There is a really annoying camera skipping issue with the game on PC. DESPITE THAT, I played it twice, simply cause stealth is fun (read = challenging) and hacking games aren't retarded crap similar to Mass Effect. You might end up getting scrwed if you didn't upgrade at least one weapon skill during boss-fights but all boss-fights were ten times better than the hilarious end boss in ME2 (which reminded me of Marvel vs Capcom last boss).

Back
Top Bottom