Skyrim yeah patch 1.3 is out... oh wait

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
S

sakichop

Started skyrim and it auto patches despite having it set to not patch. Oh well maybe it fixes some stuff. Start skyrim and nope doesn't start. Launch screen comes up I hit play and the launch screen reappears.

Uninstalled 4g patch and verified cache and still nothing. Deleted all local files and re downloading now we will see.

Funny thing is skyrim worked flawlessly for me out out the box 40 hrs not 1 crash or problem. Then cam patch 1.2 and I started getting ctd every hour or 2. Now patch 1.3 and it won't even start.

I wish they'd stop "fixing" the game.

Heh, yeah, sometimes it feels that way. The crashing thing seems to come and go for me. I had a couple initially then none for quite a while then a whole bunch and quite frequently. That was before any patching.

Two crashes ever on saving - and the saves were actually successful, so nothing lost. I haven't modified a thing - not a single .ini line. I wonder how many crashes are related to changes made by players? I'm not suggesting the game is perfect or that you shouldn't be able to make changes - just wondering if it gets less stable when pushed harder.

I've had only 1 CTD in over 80 hours of playing (in offline mode).

I'm holding off on 1.3 (sticking with 1.1). It seems enough folks are reporting new BIG problems that the advertised small improvements seem insignificant.

Two crashes ever on saving - and the saves were actually successful, so nothing lost. I haven't modified a thing - not a single .ini line. I wonder how many crashes are related to changes made by players? I'm not suggesting the game is perfect or that you shouldn't be able to make changes - just wondering if it gets less stable when pushed harder.

it's possible but I didn't do any tweaking until after the crashes started.

I read on Bethesda's forum that v1.3 is a fix dealing specifically with what v1.2 broke. (With updates for other issues coming in from January onward.) If v1.3 reverses v1.2, then aren't you left with v1.1?? Is V1.3, V1.1?? :wall:

:lol: Seriously though, I was lucky enough (360 version) to avoid V1.2 and am continuing to play v1.1 offline. On the whole it's fine. The bugs I've encountered so far are of the chucklesome variety for the most part. Dancing Dragon skeletons dropping on me out of the sky when I exit a town. Given a quest to persuade "Ben" to part with a gold watch, only to travel across the map and discover that "Ben" is an "Irish Wolf Hound"! that kind of thing. (Ok.. I might have made that last one up.. you decide.)

I'd say the worst thing is the CTD's, …. well.. I say "CTD's" but in fact on the 360 it's a complete lockup which requires a manual reboot. I've seen that three times in fifty five hour of play. It ain't good.. but it ain't life threatening.

Apparently there are broken quests.. well I've had a number of bugged quests, but so far (touch wood) noting that has prevented completion. (Albeit that I've had to make some leaps of logic and/or do some fancy footwork.) It'll certainly be an annoyance when I finally get stumped by one.

(An example apparently, is the possibility of getting a radiant quest sending you to clear a cave, which you are then required to visit later with the "Skooma Quest" in Riften. Sadly you've already killed the people this quest is now asking you to kill again and it seems that your inability to do so, effectively stops you completing it and therefor getting your house in Riften.)

Is V1.3 actually V1.1? Will V1.4 cause chaos by revisiting V1.2? Did "Lost" lose it's way about half way through the series and end up stealing hours of my time which I will NEVER get back? Perhaps only time will tell or perhaps we'll never really know these answers. But one thing I do know is that I'm putting the whole issue of patches completely aside and just playing v1.1 as it stands. I don't care what they come up with in the next few months , I'll be ignoring it.

Hopefully when I come to replay this game in a couple of years time, the version which my console pulls off "XBox Live" (No choice of version number with a fresh console install) will be one which everyone was eventually happy with. :rolleyes:

Badger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom