Sacred Gold anyone?

Since the last patch disabled Starforce, does anyone know if the game will still work if you install the final patch and run the Starforce removal utility? I'd really like to disinfect that computer while the DVD still works.

I have the French version of Sacred Gold and while it had copy protection, it wasn't Starforce. You're right though that one of the latter patches removed copy protection (i.e. there's no more disk check) so I'm sure you can go ahead and use that utility.

To answer my own question, I installed the final patch, then tried to run the SF removal tool. It reported that SF was not present on my system. I tried a newer version of the removal tool, with the same results.

So it would appear that not only does the final patch disable starforce, it also removes it from the system.

Huzzah!

(Or, alternatively, I have no clue what I'm doing...)

(Or, alternatively, I have no clue what I'm doing...)

That´s the right answer. ;)

The last post already explained it. Sacred doesn´t use Starforce. You can´t remove what´s not there.

I've never been one to let something as trivial as the facts get in the way of a rousing round of boneheadedness.

I did another round of googling on the question (and infected my system with malware -- apparently "Starforce" is not a safe term to google). Ascaron has used starforce for some games they've published. Anti-starforce opponents (?proponents?) love to list every game from a publisher if any of their games ever used starforce. Not much help there.

All I know is that I've heard the North-American release of Sacred used starforce. Never tried to remove starforce before, since I did not want to break the game.

Back
Top Bottom