Elder Scrolls Online - Launch Details

And I can't understand what's wrong with lists, doesn't bother me at all. There are tabs for different types of equipment, and all in all I find it very oversightly.

I haven't tried Wildsar (didn't know it existed). I've seen a couple of screenshots, and it all seems too cute for my taste. One of the things I didn't like with Wow. It may very well be a good game, but I have already too many good games to play (so far ESO is among them), so in this case graphics does matter.

pibbur who has no opinion about overabundance of lootables, he hasn't played the game long enough during beta

If you have OCD, all RPGs have too much loot ;)

But there's no law that says you have to pick up everything.

As for ESO, it's no better or worse than the majority of MMOs - and I'd know, since I've played pretty much all of them.

WoW vanilla, for instance, was much, much worse.

Some games are more generous - but a lot aren't. It's a minor issue overall, and they've already added more space both in the bank and in your personal inventory.

WoW vanilla was MUCH better game then ESO or WOW today and that's despite it having lot more bugs than ESO or WoW today!

And I can't understand what's wrong with lists, doesn't bother me at all. There are tabs for different types of equipment, and all in all I find it very oversightly.

I haven't tried Wildsar (didn't know it existed). I've seen a couple of screenshots, and it all seems too cute for my taste. One of the things I didn't like with Wow. It may very well be a good game, but I have already too many good games to play (so far ESO is among them), so in this case graphics does matter.

pibbur who has no opinion about overabundance of lootables, he hasn't played the game long enough during beta

To some people inventory management is part of the game play. You can't really do much management with ESO inventory...

WoW vanilla was MUCH better game then ESO or WOW today and that's despite it having lot more bugs than ESO or WoW today!

What does your opinion about WoW have to do with the limited inventory issue we're talking about?

Why?

pibbur who doesn't understand this

You're not alone :)

Then again, most of lostforever's opinion about ESO seems to be based on something he's dreamt - as none of it seems to relate to anything I've experienced playing the game.

In what way is a list better than a real inventory that is standard for all crpgs? A list is not a GUI. It is a list. Just like the lists in the console jrpgs of the 80s, like Dragon Warrior. No improvement in 30 years. Instead of opening my inventory and looking at the GUI and right clicking on the item I want to equip, I have to scroll through a list. A list. WTF? A list. If lists were great, all the weirdoes who live and die by their cell phones would have lists on them, but they don’t. My wife’s ridiculously expensive and stupid phone has a GUI, far more like a traditional crpg inventory than a list. Because science. Science has proven lists are inferior and GUIs are superior. That is why when I turn on the cable and go to on-demand, or go on Netflix, there is a GUI much more similar to real crpg inventories and not a top to bottom savage monkey scroll list for cavemen.

Liking, or not being bothered by, inventory lists means you hate science and technology and good things. Preferring an inventory list is like preferring to chase down a rabbit for dinner instead of going to the grocery store and buying meat like this is the 21st century. Science. Technology. GUIs. Science. Advancements in human civilization. Space exploration. Miniskirts. Bare midriffs. Boobs. Why is boobs good? Why is trees good? Why is the sky good? Why is inventory lists bad? It just is because science says so. I love science so I have no choice but to hate non GUI savage inventory lists you scroll through.

I'm not saying this is a bad game, and I think anyone who liked Skyrim should give it a solid chance since they are going to miss out on their type of game if they do. I would give it a try if it believed in science and had a real civilized GUI (and less lootables).

Lists have been proven inferior by science in terms of MMO GUIs?

That's pretty amusing.

Could you support that rather insane claim? I'd love to read about it.

What is it with the Watch and attracting maniacs? What does that say about myself, I wonder :(

What does your opinion about WoW have to do with the limited inventory issue we're talking about?

You said the following

"WoW vanilla, for instance, was much, much worse."

I assumed you mean that for the whole game and not just for inventory :)

Why? Or, what has it got to do with lists?

pibbur who doesn't understand this

How do you "manage" your inventory with list view in ESO?

Inventory management isn't simply about how many items you can carry.

You said the following

"WoW vanilla, for instance, was much, much worse."

I assumed you mean that for the whole game and not just for inventory :)

So, you didn't really care about the context at all? ;)

Ok, fair enough.

You're not alone :)

Then again, most of lostforever's opinion about ESO seems to be based on something he's dreamt - as none of it seems to relate to anything I've experienced playing the game.

I can same the same thing about your opinion of ESO as well :)

How do you "manage" your inventory with list view in ESO?

Inventory management isn't simply about how many items you can carry.

You don't need to manage your inventory, because the game can auto-sort in categories for you - which is a very convenient feature.

That said, if you really enjoy sorting your inventory and playing grid-tetris, then I can see why ESO inventory could be an issue.

I know there are people who enjoy cleaning and doing the dishes as well - but I've never considered them valid human beings.

Obviously, they're not quite right in the head ;)

You don't need to manage your inventory, because the game can auto-sort in categories for you - which is a very convenient feature.

That said, if you really enjoy sorting your inventory and playing grid-tetris, then I can see why ESO inventory could be an issue.

I know there are people who enjoy cleaning and doing the dishes as well - but I've never considered them valid human beings.

Obviously, they're not quite right in the head ;)

My wife thinks I am not quite right in the head since I play computer games and that's for children. I hope one days she will understand :)

Back
Top Bottom