Skyrim - Never looked better! @ Tech Insider

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Tech Insider reports about a modder UnrealSkyrim who mixed 1000 mods the enhance Skyrim:

It's been nearly four years since "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" debuted, and it's still one of the world's most popular games, selling millions of copies across PCs and consoles.

A big reason for the game's continued success is the “mod” community, where programmers and enthusiasts develop creative modifications to the giant fantasy world of "Skyrim" for others to download and enjoy on their PCs.

Some "Skyrim" modifications can be ingenious and funny, like replacing all the dragons in the game with Thomas the Tank Engine. But "Skyrim" modifications can be absolutely gorgeous, too.

One PC modder based in Spain, who goes by the name of "UnrealSkyrim" on YouTube and Facebook, has mixed over 1,000 different modifications from hundreds of different creators. He's taken "Skyrim" to a whole new level.

More information.

Nice eye candy but still an eye candy.

I'd go through this game a time or two again if I could follow someone's great modpack set up. I really don't have the time anymore to spend 100 hours to mix my own again.

That ENB looks great from a technical standpoint, but it doesn't fit very well with Skyrim's intended atmosphere imo.

It's far too bright and cheerful looking.

Skyrim is definitely worth (re)playing with 1000 mods

vanilla was a terrible mess

I used a set guide to mod my skyrim...it looks wild.

This is the sort of thing they do at the STEP project. It's a ton of models and textures combined with an ENB. If you have the patience to follow their guide, you can easily achieve these results.

The colouration and the lighting are entirely down to the ENB. You could easily drop in different one to achieve a different mood/feel. Vividian is quite a nice one.

one thing is for certain, TES games are what they are because of the fans.

Bethesda always delivers a premium toolset with an unpolished game , and let the community do the rest :).

Morrowind at least had style, Skyrim was to sterile/generic for me. Thankfully we have mods like this :)

Too bright and bleached, vividian is much better

My main problem is not how it looks, it is no matter how many mods come out I don't think I would ever do a complete replay of it. I put about 150ish hours into it, even with the weak main story.

one thing is for certain, TES games are what they are because of the fans.

Bethesda always delivers a premium toolset with an unpolished game , and let the community do the rest :).

Morrowind at least had style, Skyrim was to sterile/generic for me. Thankfully we have mods like this :)

yawn.

My main problem is not how it looks, it is no matter how many mods come out I don't think I would ever do a complete replay of it. I put about 150ish hours into it, even with the weak main story.

Hope you got your money's worth…

Back
Top Bottom