Witcher What is The Witcher's Strong Point?

The Witcher

What is The Witcher's Biggest Strength?

• Vivid Setting based on Sapkowski's stories

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Plot and Quests

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Character Interaction & NPCs

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Combat and Action Aspects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skill System & Character Development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graphics, Music & Cinematics

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Geralt himself!

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No one element, but a synthesis of all the above

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters
I don't mean for this to sound sarcastic Dasale, because I really don't mean it that way, but your computer must be from bizarro world because that's just the opposite of everyone else on these forums. :)

I imagine Dasale is refering to the loading times. We can all agree those are long enough to afford you a break in game play without ever really stopping the game. :lol:

Hmm.. you may be right Cm, but I remember Gothic 3 loading times as being longer than any I have experienced in The Witcher.

I don't mean for this to sound sarcastic Dasale, because I really don't mean it that way, but your computer must be from bizarro world because that's just the opposite of everyone else on these forums. :)

Not quite, the Witcher does run kind of $hitty, unless maybe it just doesn't like ATI cards or something. With the system I have it should run great, but it doesn't.
It runs very smooth inside buildings and in caves, but mouse and camera movement is way slower outside, If I had to guess I'd say that I'm only getting around 15-20 fps outside, that shouldn't be happening on a Radeon X1950XTX.

I am only getting close to the end of the chapter: just need to talk to the guy that give you the crypt quest.
I play it on low details because otherwise it is to slow on my bit older rig, but it still look good, especilly the crypt with a cat potion as awesome.
geralt is great and the quest story keep me wanting more, so i voted on the mix.
only complaint: the loading times and some graphical glitches I have, but those can be because my older 3d card. FX 5700 :)

@ JDR: Actually I think you may be right about the ATI card thing. I seem to remember seeing somewhere that ATI cards have trouble with the game. I'm playing with an NVidia and the game runs near flawless.

Ditto--I remember the same and also have beautiful performance always with my rig (medium high end/nvidia 7900GTX).

I chose character interaction and NPC's, because that would be the only aspect that would make me play it a second time through. I started a second game but I kinda got to reading Terry Goodkind's books again and I've stopped playing the Witcher.

Off-Topic: If this Soul of the Fire book doesn't pick up I may quickly find myself back in the world of the Witcher. This has been a really weak story so far....

GeForce 8800 GTS.

I fear no recommended game requirements!! :]

..... for now at least. :blush:

I think Chapter 4 was also my favorite--the sense of being in another world with it's own logic, not just a variant on medieval Europe, really hit me there.

Hmm, it was the most beautiful, but at the same time it kind of broke the flow of the story. Until the last part chapter 4 felt like a little game of its own, with no connection to the great conflict that you struggled with until that point. So its both a high point and a low point at the same time to me.

Another world?? What? Where?.... Wait, stop talking!! I want to be surprised! *Jabber sticks fingers in his ears and start humming.* :ignore:

Hmm, it was the most beautiful, but at the same time it kind of broke the flow of the story. Until the last part chapter 4 felt like a little game of its own, with no connection to the great conflict that you struggled with until that point. So its both a high point and a low point at the same time to me.

Maybe that's why Chapter 5 picks up in its sense of purpose and energy that pulls you along by the ears into the endgame--a kind of emphasis through contrast?

Don't worry, Jabberwocky, when I said "another world" I meant really experiencing Geralt's world as real and different than humdrum earth reality---not being transported to another galaxy or anything. No spoilers. :)

:whew: I thought you meant something like in Baldur's Gate II when you go to some cloud world and the holes in the clouds try to suck you through them.

I glad it's nothing like that :)

I'll reiterate - Chapter 4 is beautiful, and I'm not just talking about the scenery.

In the end of the chapter when the Lady of the Lake:
Knighted me, that was pretty damn awesome. Maybe I'm just being a guy, and being knighted is such a high honor, but that whole cutscene was very cool and well done. Definitely one of my fave of all time. Bravo CDProjekt!

Been playing this game for a week or so now and yes the stroy, setting, characters quests and so on are all good they're things I've seen in varying degrees in other games. The thing thats really jumped out at me in this one is the attention lavished on ambient detail; the birds, NPCs talking to each other or avoiding the rain, frogs on the river's edge, rats darting about in cellars and crypts - they seem like small details but I can't remember another game thats made the world seem quite so alive at the micro level. I'm not sure thats its strong point but to me its a unique one.

Yeah, cloud world... or something like that. I can't remember exactly, it's been 5 years or so. I just remember running around with my barbarian and my friend had his mage and we were in the air running around on clouds - I think it was supposed to be another dimension. And I think it was a level that would only be accessible for certain characters, so not everyone would go there if they played another character..

Back
Top Bottom