Drakensang Spoiler Thread

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I have a couple of questions for DSA experts or those who have already finished Drakensang.

1. I'm not sure how I should balance my points between attributes, base values, skills and perks. Is there some rule of thumb for DSA? I'm sitting on close to 2000 points per character and I#m not sure what to do with them.

2. I've just talked to the oracle the 2nd time. How far into the game an I?

3. Is alchemy useful, or rather worth the points?

4. When does the story kick in? So far it's quite thin. The writing is very good, but the main story sounds like a copy & paste job so far.

5. When can I deal with Mrs Ratczinsky? I've cleaned the whole dungeon. She is rather uncooperative though.

5. It depends imho to a good part of how your party consists. Strong fighters are better a group mostly made up of people with magical abilities and non-fighting-oriented characters (thieves, healers).

Some people ion the official forum reported to get her "finished" rather early; in my case, I had to wait up to level 8, I think, until my group could get past her.

In an interview, she is "an easter egg gone bad" or so, a thing which I didn't quite understand. But indeed I must say that one wouldn't expect "the mother of all rats" to be that hard.

Most tactics speak of killing her protective rats first, then her, and several wrote of putting weaker characters into more safe positions (a wall in the back, for example).

Weapons which can cause wounds are very important, throughout the whole game.

In my case, I used Plumbumbarum a lot, and put Balsam to level 2 or 3 to be able to heal injured characters quickly.

Here is a whole thread dedicated to her (may contain spoilers) :
http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=8977

1. There are a few threads dedicated to that, too.

More basical answers: http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=9055

*Very* detailed, imho: http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=9241

My personal advice is, to put several points into special abiulities which can be learned from "teachers" throughout the game. They are costly, but necessary. Paralü - the spell for turning into stone - can be learned from a witch and later, for example. this spell might appear to be relatively un-balanced, if I interpret the comments in the official forum correctly.

Base values are the most important ones, because they influence the rest.

I think you should read through the detailed through for more explanations.

2. I'd say 2/5 or 2/7 of the game (rough guess).

3. I'm undecided. I rarely used it, but I think a few points are a good idea. There are a *lot* of "receipes" to be found within the game, and a few special ones. One character, who is a very good alchemist, joins after I'd say 3/7 of the game, and she can make several potions for you.

4. Well, the main story rather goes along with the oracle's quests. It needs more time, though, to reveal the whole plot, but I must agree that it is a bit thin. It gets better, though.

Remember, that fighting is a huge part of the game.

Hope this helps - otherwise I'd advice you to ask at the dtp forums directly, they are imho a good resource.

Thanks, Alrik! :)

I killed Mother Ratzinsky when all my people were level 8. The fight took a whole hour, plus one retry. The problem wasn't her but rather the minor rats she called for support. 8 rats surrounding everybody are fricking dangerous. They have enough health to survive 2-3 rounds of combined attacks, they often inflict wounds and poison the the target. Add this to the malus you get if attacked from behind and the limited number of parades and you see that your people can easily get killed. I really had to make sure not to waste time when minor rats appeared.

I chose to learn special abilities first, ramp one or two skills up to max and raise primary stats only if it had a direct effect. Works fine so far.

I read that the rats have an AI script that targets the mages first - a script that is normally rather used only for much stronger enemies.

Back
Top Bottom