Torment: Tides of Numenera - A New Look

Have no problems with that.

I rather have problems with a dialogue coming up right after the fight leading to the death of my characters as in Divinity:OS :p

It looks fantastic! The original Planescape Torment was one of my favorite rpgs.

However, we need a transparency adjustment for the text bubbles, and a separate adjustment for the text window would be nice as well. Because those popups seem to follow the characters around, I'm afraid I would miss a trap or something important hidden behind them.

Last edited:
Nice gui? Did you guys happen to overlook that HALF THE SCREEN is occupied when speaking to someone? That's pretty extreme.

That said, I didn't notice a big issue with animations.

Exactly, that's what Mercy loves. His most common complaint is that the UI takes up way to little space on screen. ;)

To me either way is fine, but I prefer the UI of PoE.

Nice gui? Did you guys happen to overlook that HALF THE SCREEN is occupied when speaking to someone? That's pretty extreme.

Haha, indeed. The first thing I thought when I saw that dialogue interface was: "Isn't that taking nostalgia a bit too far?"

I'm guessing that it may be something you can adjust (just as you could adjust the size of the dialogue boxes in the IE games). Either that, or they may have just temporarily made it bigger for the trailer so that the text was easy to read.

Font is too big. Hopefully that's adjustable, and the size of the dialog box scales to the font.

Font is too big. Hopefully that's adjustable, and the size of the dialog box scales to the font.

Oh the humour! I know Mercy always wants the fonts to be bigger, this is the first time I've seen someone who wants them smaller. Let's hope they adjustable so everyone can be happy. I prefer small too.

I didn't like planescape torment at all so I didn't back this.

This video made me regret that decision. Looks pretty darn good.

I think it looks fantastic, and has atmosphere in spades. I'm guessing the text box is so big because after all, this is supposed to be a text heavy game, and they need a lot of room for all the text!

I'm really liking the sci-fi heavy vibe mixed with fantasy of the game in the graphics. Very glad I backed this, even though I didn't really think the original game was "all that" and instead was just ok. But this game is looking fabulous. Inexile may be the new leading "old school" company to look to for these types of games in the future, they are establishing a great track record so far with Wasteland 2 and now this one. The new Bioware perhaps (when Bioware was actually good back in the day) They seem to understand what was great about those classic rpgs.

I didn't like planescape torment at all so I didn't back this.

This video made me regret that decision. Looks pretty darn good.

You still can if you've sufficiently changed your mind - the website still has a pledge system that (based on Wasteland 2) should have a better price then what it'll likely be at launch.

Well, if I can reduce the UI in size, then it's not an issue.

Aside from that, it looks quite good.

In this kind of game, I definitely prefer turn-based. I might even have enjoyed Torment more if it was turn-based.

Well, let's just hope that they make a working combat system this time, and please don't have 100 stupid fed-ex quests.

Turn-based does make the player more involved in combat decisions. It makes more sense to use when you have large parties and/or a diversity of combat options. Given that this game has a disproportionately lower amount of combat, RTwP might have been the better option--just to pass the time quicker. But I'm happy with either.

Back
Top Bottom